Deep Purple deluxe "Made In Japan"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

deeppurplemadeinjapandeluxe.jpg

In late-1972, Deep Purple released one of the most heralded live albums of all time. ‘Made In Japan’ captured the legendary band at what was perhaps the peak of their powers. On May 19, Universal Music is set to reissue the landmark album in a special deluxe package that is sure to have fans drooling.

The album, recorded during a three-night stand in Japan during the band’s 1972 ‘Machine Head’ tour, features the classic ‘Mach II’ line-up, caught in full power here, knocking out killer renditions of songs like ‘Highway Star,’ Child In Time,’ Space Truckin,’ and of course, ‘Smoke On The Water.’

Like many of these ‘deluxe’ re-issues, there are a variety of options to choose from, including a two-disc version, a 180-gram double-vinyl set, Blu-ray pure audio, and a four-CD box that also includes a DVD (containing a new documentary and previously unseen footage), a 7″ vinyl single, memorabilia and a hardback book.

A ‘super deluxe’ limited edition nine-LP box, including all the material from the various CDs, is also available, as are a variety of digital download options. The double-vinyl edition has the original 1972 mix, while the other formats all feature a new 2013 re-mix.

Deep Purple, of course, are far from being a mere oldies act. They released their 19th studio album, “Now What?!’ last year to good reviews.

Read More: Deep Purple To Issue Deluxe Editions Of 'Made In Japan' | Deep Purple To Issue Deluxe Editions Of 'Made In Japan'

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Are they putting back songs that were left off the original release?

I seem to remember some live tracks on a CD called Power House that were supposedly from that concert.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Made In Japan All Of It...

I have this in my library:

Deep_Purple_Live_in_Japan.jpg

It incorporates all three gigs from their visit there. One song was left off due to space limititations and was available on the Powerhouse set.

That deluxe version looks nice with all that swag. I'd opt for the Blu-Ray disc too. Thanks for the head's up 70's!

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Looks juicy, though it depends on the price whether or not I buy it, especially if there's no new/unreleased music, so I'll need to know more, but for me MiJ was one of the 3 or 4 best live albums that I ever bought.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I have a Made in Japan LP still in the original shrink wrap. Can't tell if it's a first pressing or not. (Green Label WB vs. Palm trees WB) price on it is $7.50 or $7.99 can't remember which.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Looks juicy, though it depends on the price whether or not I buy it, especially if there's no new/unreleased music, so I'll need to know more, but for me MiJ was one of the 3 or 4 best live albums that I ever bought.

The MiJ version of Smoke On The Water, with the organ & guitar solos was mind blowing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online