"Death Wish II" soundtrack by Jimmy Page

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Death+Wish+II.png

From Jimmy Page.com

mark today’s 30th anniversary, JimmyPage.com will be re-releasing a special, limited, re-mastered vinyl edition of the soundtrack to Michael Winner's Death Wish II, featuring a previously unreleased instrumental version of the Death Wish main title and new liner notes written by Jimmy Page.

Explaining the release of the album, Jimmy said: “In 1981, Michael Winner asked me if I would compose the soundtrack to Death Wish II. The songs with vocals were only going to appear in the film for a matter of seconds but I had recorded full versions of them anyway - which is how I ended up doing my first soundtrack and soundtrack album. I’ve re-released this because I wanted it to be available again.”

Michael Winner had asked me to write the soundtrack to Death Wish II and on this day in 1981, I recorded the main title music. It was later to manifest as 'Who's To Blame' with my lyrics and Chris Farlowe on vocals, but at this point, it's working title was 'Synth track', which referred to the initial guitar track performed on a guitar synthesiser with further overdubs with guitar synthesiser and melody lines from a Telecaster string bender.
The sound source for this was taken from a white label test pressing that I recently discovered amongst some unrelated acetates. It didn't come out at the time and it didn't appear on the Death Wish II album but it was used on the opening sequence of the film. Michael Winner was to feature music from Death Wish II in the next of the series, Death Wish III.

-As a Led-Zeppelin devotee, I will make a play for this release. I have the the original LP and the now out of print CD of it. There was also a Japanese single that I lucked out in acquiring. It is a very moody, athmospheric release with Page's signatures all over it. The riffs...the bowed guitar and the theremin.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember him doing this soundtrack, and the first two Death Wish movies were good, well good compared to the next two anyway.:D

I think it's cool when someone like Jimmy or Brian May do movie soundtracks, shows they are far from one dimensional artists.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online