Dave Clark Five & Spencer Davis Group

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Did not. I just chose to ignore your point because it lacks merit. (I don't see that old movies gained anything from being in black and white. If you really want that "film noire" effect, you can always turn the brightness level of your TV down. Me, I just won't be watching.)

:rolleyes:

Similarly, mono always makes me scowl. Vinyl I like - but three dimensional movement of the stylus in a record's grooves can be harnessed to produce two separate channels by placing magnetic coils at a 90 degree angle to each other and I enjoy that benefit.

:drums:

Totally disagree. Today color and action has almost become filler content for lack of anything real to say. With black and white it was much more about the plot, and instead of color you had a story with moods and textures.

Today's music is similar. Up the compression and toss in a handful of samples and produce a bunch of noise to throw up through boom boxes and crappy car stereos. But kids nowadays often aren't exposed to real music.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Zombeels:

Fourteen of the twenty tracks, including all the biggest hits, on my "Twenty-Five Thumping Great Hits" LP by the Dave Clark Five are listed as mono.

Attachments

• A Dave 2.jpg
    A Dave 2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Today color and action has almost become filler content for lack of anything real to say. With black and white it was much more about the plot, and instead of color you had a story with moods and textures.

Today's music is similar. Up the compression and toss in a handful of samples and produce a bunch of noise to throw up through boom boxes and crappy car stereos. But kids nowadays often aren't exposed to real music.

I certainly agree with you about the music.

You could be right about the movies too for all I know. But since I'm no movie buff I really don't care.

:dunno:

troggy

aka Billy Bubba
Reaction score
Did not. I just chose to ignore your point because it lacks merit. (I don't see that old movies gained anything from being in black and white. If you really want that "film noire" effect, you can always turn the brightness level of your TV down. Me, I just won't be watching.)

:rolleyes:

So, you're saying that you're all for colorizing old movies? You don't watch anything that's in b&w?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online