D. A. D.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
51k8J4Tid2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Official Website

Discography

D. A. D. (Disneyland After Dark) is a Danish band that formed in the 80's and came out wioth their fist album in 1986.

Like most music fans, I became more aware of them in 1989, at the top of the 90's there with their smash album No Fuel Left for the Pilgrims

Disneyland-After-Dark-Sleeping-My-Day-A-608.jpg

With influences in alternative music and punk, they were sort of a backlash against it all as they tried to bring a bit of fun to the music as well as cliche driven lyrics done in an entertaining and fun manner.

dad2.jpg

Here is their big bit, "Sleeping My Day Away" which has spurts of animation that was used in many promos. Bassist Stig Pedersen, who formed the band was from the punk band ADS. He was kicked out I believe and D. A. D. was a form of retaliation. He can also be seen with his hard hat exploding sparklers. Whatever the reason...I think they were a super group with great tunes...and something a bit different in 1989 when I first saw them.

764b90b809a017a94f207110.L.jpg

page0_blog_entry191_1.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought I would give this thread a slight bump.

When reading about this band I saw the genre tag "cowpunk". OK....let me check that out! WTF, is cowpunk? Cowpunk from wiki says alternative country and roots rock. OK...so WTF is roots rock? It is a revival in response to punk rock.........well there I have my answer.

D. A. D. seems to fit that description, I think.

I liked the videos, MP posted, so I thought the best way to check the band out would be a "best of" compilation. My goodness they have a 12 cd box set entitled "The Overmuch Box" which contains all their works over the past 25 years. I can understand why they did this, to make all the CD's which may be out of print available, but this was a bit much for me. There isn't a best of album.
They have a big studio discography, so which album is the best?

rtbuck

Reaction score
That's when I discovered them,at the time "No Fuel..." came out. At that time I was heavy into the Dogs D'Amour & then in one trip to the record shop I picked up the DAD 'No Fuel...", The Seahags debut, & Junkyard's debut...What a great time that era was for me!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah really great times!! I remember the Seahags well!

As far as the best album? I would start with No Fuel Magic..it's a great disc!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am going to trust you and Bucky's recommendation, so No Fuel it is :)

Be back later, after I give it a couple listens.

gorgon

Reaction score
D.A.D. - Sleeping My Day Away live.
Really like the guitar work in the middle.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Staff online

Members online