Corrine Bailey Rae

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Corrine Bailey Rae is one of the best singer-songwriters I have ever heard. Angelic vocals and clever songwriting. She is from the UK and is probably best known for her song "Put Your Records On."

This is my favorite song by her.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Greg, I've enjoyed that song (I really like the performance you posted) and Put Your Records On was a decent track but I've never explored further. I think I could really like this artist though. Their is such a loss of real Soul artist out today since they add to many beats and less organic music today. I'm not saying I don't respect artist like Alicia Keys and I love her song with Jay-Z so some Hip-Hop collaborations are cool but I want a soul/R&B artist with the old purity. Upon exploring it sounds like Corinne has that and it's undiluted! I like how she can play acoustic on top of her great voice! :grinthumb

While exploring I like this really old school sounding Soul ballad especially live:

I'd Do It All Again

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Greg, I've enjoyed that song (I really like the performance you posted) and Put Your Records On was a decent track but I've never explored further. I think I could really like this artist though. Their is such a loss of real Soul artist out today since they add to many beats and less organic music today. I'm not saying I don't respect artist like Alicia Keys and I love her song with Jay-Z so some Hip-Hop collaborations are cool but I want a soul/R&B artist with the old purity. Upon exploring it sounds like Corinne has that and it's undiluted! I like how she can play acoustic on top of her great voice! :grinthumb

While exploring I like this really old school sounding Soul ballad especially live:

I'd Do It All Again

she is definitely a throwback. It is sad she is relatively still unknown.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Not much into her originals, but I dig the hell out of these two rock covers.

Terra812

Reaction score
-
I caught her on Austin city Limits or DirecTV's 101 a few years ago and picked up her debut album.

I agree with you Greg about her Angelic vocals and clever songwriting. I love her jazzy style... I'm a sucker for a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice... Sarah McLachlan, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Sade ect...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I might have to pick up an album by Corrine! I've liked all the tracks here especially the Steady As She Goes cover and I really like the soulful one Sunny picked, "Are You Here"! :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I just noticed the link to the video I wanted to post of her no longer exists.

Here is a live version of IMO her best song "Like a Star"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online