Chiodos - American Post Hardcore

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Chiodos is one of those bands for myself that have really "stuck" regardless of the way they sound. The emotion they convey in their music is beyond me. Only unfortunate thing I can think of is the fact that Craig Owens is no longer part of the group. But honestly, I don't find the new vocalist to be all that bad. Some people like to say that the new guy isn't what Chiodos was. To me, they sound so similar that it's pretty difficult to tell the difference. Enough talk, Chiodos time.

chiodos_logo.gif

Chiodos w/ Craig Owens

craig%20owens%20chiodos.jpeg

Chiodos w/ Brandon Bolmer

chiodos_press_1_2011.jpg

MUSIC TIME

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I like some of these guys as my friends listens to them. I'm surprised in the same way I was with Alesana that they have some great singing and beautiful tracks when they lay off the screamy stuff! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Oh for sure, I love both Craig's and Brandon's harmonic voices. Their screams aren't too bad, but I prefer hearing them sing overall.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You're so lucky. I want to see them live pretty badly. Their music is so emotionally thrilling, I could listen to it for hours.

I don't even remember their music to be honest! It was on Taste of Chaos and I was avidly awaiting more balanced acts like My Chemical Romance and ESPECIALLY the used. Not saying Chiodos isn't balanced but they didn't come across that way that night especially lobbed into the other Screamo bands! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I don't even remember their music to be honest! It was on Taste of Chaos and I was avidly awaiting more balanced acts like My Chemical Romance and ESPECIALLY the used. Not saying Chiodos isn't balanced but they didn't come across that way that night especially lobbed into the other Screamo bands! :grinthumb

I can probably understand where you're coming from. I didn't really get into the Chiodos until their Bone Palace Ballet album. I had heard stuff from them before, but it wasn't all that good. Damn, mark me jealous, I would kill to see The Used as well. That must've been some show.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I can probably understand where you're coming from. I didn't really get into the Chiodos until their Bone Palace Ballet album. I had heard stuff from them before, but it wasn't all that good. Damn, mark me jealous, I would kill to see The Used as well. That must've been some show.

It was the first of two Taste of Chaos shows I went too! Both were headlined by The Used who were excellent each time!

The Negatives-Getting mauled by teenyboppers! They are strong in numbers! :heheh:

The Positives-The experience and a great headliner. I would like to say MCR was great but they weren't. It was redeemable when they played around on stage with The Used BUT when I saw them on Projekt Revolution it was like night and day. MCR has gotten 1,000 % better live over time.

I would buy a Chiodos album from what I've heard. :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
It was the first of two Taste of Chaos shows I went too! Both were headlined by The Used who were excellent each time!

The Negatives-Getting mauled by teenyboppers! They are strong in numbers! :heheh:

The Positives-The experience and a great headliner. I would like to say MCR was great but they weren't. It was redeemable when they played around on stage with The Used BUT when I saw them on Projekt Revolution it was like night and day. MCR has gotten 1,000 % better live over time.

I would buy a Chiodos album from what I've heard. :grinthumb

I've heard mixed reviews about MCR, but that's good to hear that they've improved. I honestly really like when they released The Black Parade. A lot of people don't like that album, but I think it's one of there better ones.

As for a Chiodos album. I suggest Illuminaudio and Bone Palace. Both solid albums, and both my favorites.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Been on a listening marathon with this band the past few days, so I figured i'd give this a good ol' bump with some videos from Chiodos with Craig Owens, and Brandon Bolmer. Apologies if some videos are posted twice from before. I'll even throw in some of Craig Owens's solo work.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online