Can I do this

tincanjam

Reaction score
Hey, I have been trying to teach myself how to sing, still don't quite have the guts to try a jam yet.... any comments would be appreciated. I am a guitarist in a local cover band but sometimes it would be nice if I didn't have to depend on vocalists
learning to sing - YouTube

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Hey, I have been trying to teach myself how to sing, still don't quite have the guts to try a jam yet.... any comments would be appreciated. I am a guitarist in a local cover band but sometimes it would be nice if I didn't have to depend on vocalists
learning to sing - YouTube

Hi man. I just wanted to say you are really good guitarist. It is not easy to learn how to play guitar and sing at the same time.

I was self trained singer most of my life. I use a falsetto sometimes when I sing, but I was using improperly. I wrecked my voice for moths after one show. I thought I was done. I sought out a vocal teacher.

If you can afford it this will be my first suggestion. He/She will teach you how to sing from your diaphragm, give you tips on how to properly warm your voice up which is crucial, and exercises to strengthen your vocals.

Another tip I would suggest is make your rhythm guitar parts pretty simple while you are singing. Between phrases you can do more complex stuff or during a bridge.

You are far from tone deaf which is a positive. Keep working at a man.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.