Budgie (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I have an analog/digital recorder so I can record any analog or digital source to a compact disc. Bandolier is a vinyl record I recorded to compact disc several years ago so I can have it on any number of digital devices. Granted, with so many music streaming options these days, having a physical copy of an album is less understood and appreciated than it use to be.
Still, there are plenty of artist with albums deleted from their catalog and content just not available on iTunes or Spotify. I am really glad I bought this cd recorder so many years ago.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
WARNING A CONTROVERSAL POST

"I always regarded them as a 'second division' rock band so never really got into them sorry guys" :oops:

Send all hate mail to sheriff Buford T. Justice of Texarkana, Texas.
We are, of course, all entitled to our opinions!
Yours, however, is wrong. :D:D;)

Reactions: E-Z

70sProgFan

Reaction score
I have an analog/digital recorder so I can record any analog or digital source to a compact disc. Bandolier is a vinyl record I recorded to compact disc several years ago so I can have it on any number of digital devices. Granted, with so many music streaming options these days, having a physical copy of an album is less understood and appreciated than it use to be.
Still, there are plenty of artist with albums deleted from their catalog and content just not available on iTunes or Spotify. I am really glad I bought this cd recorder so many years ago.
For many years in the late 90s-2010s I had a Phillips CD-Recorder which was brilliant for transferring vinyl and cassettes to CD.
I managed to convert loads of old radio recorded gigs and sessions!
Sadly chucked them after a few years - don't ask why! :banghead:

I am now in the process of re-buying vinyl for the reason that you state; it's a "physical" thing.
I love being able to pick up and pore over a beautiful gatefold sleeve and follow the lyrics as the band plays.
I can't be doing with squinting at tiny little CD booklets or, even worse, having nothing at all other than the music of downloads.

Long live vinyl!! :rock:

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
For many years in the late 90s-2010s I had a Phillips CD-Recorder which was brilliant for transferring vinyl and cassettes to CD.
I managed to convert loads of old radio recorded gigs and sessions!
Sadly chucked them after a few years - don't ask why! :banghead:

I am now in the process of re-buying vinyl for the reason that you state; it's a "physical" thing.
I love being able to pick up and pore over a beautiful gatefold sleeve and follow the lyrics as the band plays.
I can't be doing with squinting at tiny little CD booklets or, even worse, having nothing at all other than the music of downloads.

Long live vinyl!! :rock:
Mine is a Phillips brand. Here is a sad story. The sort which I am sure you have experienced: In the 90's, my friend had the bootleg of Music From The Film Pink Floyd The Wall, which I had recorded to cassette. This is basically the soundtrack to the movie that had never officially been released. Flash forward ten or more years later, and I have the bug to want the album recorded to cd but he no longer has it. So here am I, taking a somewhat poor, home recording of a cassette, taken from a vinyl album, making a digital disc copy of it so I can eventually also transfer that into iTunes and onto my cute little iPod.
"The things we do for love."

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I don't have that sort of equipment mentioned here. What I do is record it to my computer and then either rip to mp3 or cd image, depending on how much I love the album. The things we do for a convenient music format.
Vinyl is definitely king in my book, but if I'm not having a dedicated listen to an album, it's much more convenient to have a cd or mp3 album play. Otherwise it's the whole ritual of putting on a record, examining the album artwork and liner notes, following the lyrics if listed, etc, and of course really listening to the album.

Last edited:

70sProgFan

Reaction score
I don't have that sort of equipment, What I do is record it to my computer and then either rip to mp3 or cd image, depending on how much I love the album.
I have a 1970s Rotel RP900 turntable and a Sony amp, neither of which is capable of digital connection.
I'm stuffed.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I have a 1970s Rotel RP900 turntable and a Sony amp, neither of which is capable of digital connection.
I'm stuffed.
I have a 70's or 80's Technics turntable that I feed into a pre-amp and then is fed into the microphone jack. To record and process the feed I use a package called Vinyl Studio (by Alpine Software). Originally I used a free version that I got off a magazine disc but eventually I paid for the professional version for a very reasonable price. The investment has really been worth it.

70sProgFan

Reaction score
I have a 70's or 80's Technics turntable that I feed into a pre-amp and then is fed into the microphone jack. To record and process the feed I use a package called Vinyl Studio (by Alpine Software). Originally I used a free version that I got off a magazine disc but eventually I paid for the professional version for a very reasonable price. The investment has really been worth it.
In truth, Gordon, I'm not really bothered about converting.
A few years ago I would have been but now that I listen almost solely to vinyl it's not an issue for me.
I still use my iPod Classic in the car and it's loaded with over 18000 tracks, so there's plenty to keep me going when I'm out and about.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online