Buddy Guy (Official Thread)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: Buddy Guy

Buddy Guy

Buddy Guy`s Legends

Bring `Em In

12 of the 13 tracks are covers of classic tunes including Bob Dylan's "Lay Lady Lay" and Bill Withers`s "Ain't No Sunshine".

Released / September 27, 2005

1. "Now You're Gone" (Curtis Mayfield, Joseph Scott)
2. "Ninety Nine and One Half" (Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper, Wilson Pickett)
3. "What Kind of Woman Is This" (Buddy Guy)
4. "Somebody's Sleeping in My Bed" (Allen A. Jones, Bettye Crutcher)
5. "I Put a Spell on You" (Screamin' Jay Hawkins) (featuring Carlos Santana)
6. "On a Saturday Night" (Eddie Floyd, Steve Cropper)
7. "Ain't No Sunshine" (Bill Withers) (featuring Tracy Chapman)
8. "I've Got Dreams to Remember" (Joe Rock, Otis Redding, Zelma Redding) (featuring John Mayer)
9. "Lay Lady Lay (Bob Dylan) (featuring Anthony Hamilton and Robert Randolph)
10. "Cheaper to Keep Her/Blues in the Night" (Bonny Rice, Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer)
11. "Cut You Loose" (Mel London)
12. "The Price You Gotta Pay" (Keb' Mo') (featuring Keith Richards)
13. "Do Your Thing" (Isaac Hayes)

What Kind of Woman is This & I Put a Spell On You

Last edited by a moderator:

PJC

Reaction score
Once of Wigan (UK)...now Peoria Heights Illinois
Re: Buddy Guy

I think its true to say that nearly every guitar player that I ever thought was any good has at some time or other cited Buddy Guy as a major influence....did I take their advice and take a listen ....no....

Not long after moving to the USA a friend told me he had a spare ticket for a Buddy Guy gig in Chicago at Buddy's own club Legends....it was the last night of Buddy's month long January stint at Legends and promised to be a good night...

OMFG!!!! did this Englishman have his eyes opened....Buddy was amazing....his first couple of numbers were low key then he just ripped into a solo and shredded the damn ****ing thing...

We go back ever year....tickets for the last weekend in January...and never cease to be amazed

E-Z

Reaction score
About 30 years ago i tried getting into Buddy (and his mate Junior Wells and for a short while i did) cos guy's like Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck rated him. His playing is pure 'Chicago blues' which is ok if you like Chicago blues and his Monday blues nights at his checkerboard club in Chicago was a regular feature back in the 1980s and some people even rate him a long side Jimi Hendrix as a guitar player which quite frankly is laughable cos Buddy is a 'one trick pony' (Chicago blues) Hendrix was light years ahead of Buddy. :oyea:

Tucking Fypo

Australian rocker
Reaction score
You gotta love Buddy Guy. Great musician, great guy.

I recently watched a youtube video of him teaching some of his great blues licks and boy are they good!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Buddy Guy was one of those guys I'd always hear about, he'd pop up here and there, get name dropped by many of my favourite guitarists etc, but I never got around to checking out his own music. But once I got really into classic/old blues (which unfortunately is not too long ago, but also a blessing, as it has opened up a whole new world to me), there was no way around him and what a relevation. Within a short period of time he's become one of my favourite guitar players and artists in general. I've been busy buying everything I can by him, ever since I paid him the attention he deserved.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online