Bruce Springsteen Announces New Album, World Tour

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Bruce Springsteen Finishing Up New Album | Music News | Rolling Stone

Bruce Springsteen Finishing Up New Album
Sources: LP hitting shelves early next year, U.S. dates begin in spring

After two years of downtime, Bruce Springsteen is roaring back in 2012: According to multiple sources, he is putting the finishing touches on an album that he will release in the first months of the new year. "He's mastering it right now," says Bob Seger, who spoke with Springsteen backstage at Seger's New York show this month. "He's says it's really unusual and that it's the best thing that he's done in years."

To support the album, Springsteen and the E Street Band will embark on a world tour that will extend through most of 2012, starting with a two-month U.S. arena leg in early March, sources say – including a stop in Austin for the South by Southwest music festival, where Springsteen will deliver the keynote address. The U.S. dates will be followed by a European tour of festivals and soccer stadiums that kicks off May 13th in Spain.

The question that hangs over the tour: how Springsteen plans to fill the void left by saxophone player Clarence Clemons, the spiritual heart of the E Street Band, who passed away in June. At Clemons' funeral, Springsteen made it clear that the band would continue: "Clarence doesn't leave the E Street Band when he dies," Springsteen said. "He leaves when we die."

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
If I was you JG I'd keep my eyes on Greasy Lake.org for details, as they are usually first off the mark with all things Bruce. Wonder if I can time a trip to get to a show states-side as well as the one in Manchester, though I think more than one show per tour is a little overdoing it, but can you let me know as soon as you see a sign of any dates in either LA or DC/Maryland. Thanks amigo!!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
If I was you JG I'd keep my eyes on Greasy Lake.org for details, as they are usually first off the mark with all things Bruce. Wonder if I can time a trip to get to a show states-side as well as the one in Manchester, though I think more than one show per tour is a little overdoing it, but can you let me know as soon as you see a sign of any dates in either LA or DC/Maryland. Thanks amigo!!

I've got a few sources that I have been constantly checking with. :D I'll surely let you know. Check this thread because I'll probably post something here.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
From nj.com:

LINK: NJ.com : Bruce Springsteen to release single from new album tomorrow

render.htm

We've got a name, and a single release date.

Tomorrow, we'll have music.

"We Take Care of Our Own," the title track from the upcoming Bruce Springsteen album, will be available for digital purchase on Thursday, Jan. 19 through Amazon. This will be the first new music from the Boss since the release of "The Promise" last year, and a good indication of what the new album is going to sound like.

The Springsteen camp has done an outstanding job of keeping details about the new album under wraps, although pre-release interviews have hinted that the record will be a loud, angry, rocking statement. Springsteen himself was in loud and rocking form at Light of Day last weekend, and seems poised to have a big year.

What can we learn from what little we do know? Well, for starters, there's no mention of the E Street Band, or other musicians, on the cover. That's not so surprising. But the burning question that surrounds Springsteenville -- how (or if) he'll replace Clarence Clemons -- hasn't been answered yet. The Boss has an electric guitar in his hand, which definitely supports the theory that "We Take Care of Our Own" will be an aggressive rock record. Springsteen's face is a little blurry, and he's looking at the floor, as if he's preparing for a mighty downstroke. The name of the single is scrawled on a black background in white finger paint, which again implies something raw and impulsive. The art looks nothing like the colorful and near-cartoonish graphic that accompanied "Working on a Dream," his last album -- another indication that he's going in a different direction.

And there's the pugnacious title, too: two-fisted and ready for all comers. We take care of our own, pal, so watch your step when you come around here. Bruce Springsteen has often been at his best when he's fiery and defensive, so we'll take the name of the single as another good sign.

Oh, and we know the song is 3:54. That's how desperate we are for new Springsteen material -- we're actually counting the seconds. Tune in tomorrow for our initial reactions to "We Take Care of Our Own."

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Awesome find JG, I never saw that coming at all, right out of the blue. Not had a chance to download it yet, but I'll get right onto it when it's available, let me know what you think of it!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Awesome find JG, I never saw that coming at all, right out of the blue. Not had a chance to download it yet, but I'll get right onto it when it's available, let me know what you think of it!

It should be available for download Jan 19 @ 12am EST, but I am hearing it may not be available to the UK until Jan 20th.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online