BOBBY RONDINELLI's Ripping Drum Solo At NAMM

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
BOBBY RONDINELLI's Ripping Drum Solo At NAMM - Feb. 8, 2010

The AskOurMusicians.com team stopped by the Ludwig booth at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show in Anaheim, California and caught Bobby Rondinelli (BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH) rippin' a drum solo with the help of the Ludwig team. Watch the footage below.

Bobby started playing drums when he was 11 years old. He joined a band called THE WANDERS at 13 and they played school dances and fraternity parties. Later in his teens, Bobby and his brother Teddy started their first band TUSK. "I was in a band called SAMANTHA when Ritchie Blackmore asked me to join RAINBOW," he said.

Rondinelli, who is currently with THE LIZARDS, is one of the most noted drummers in the industry today. He is a drummer's drummer, whose resume includes RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, DORO, QUIET RIOT, THE LIZARDS, SCORPIONS, SUN RED SUN, RONDINELLI, RIOT, PYRAMID, THE SIGN, ZEBRA and DANIEL WENTWORTH.

In addition to critically acclaimed solo projects, Bobby has recorded with the SCORPIONS on their multi-platinum "Love At First Sting" LP and toured with AEROSMITH and ZEBRA when their drummers were ill.

Video:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134754

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
:lmao: Pretty hot on the drums.. But had to laugh at the guy constantly changing his drum set up.. :heheh:

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Yeah, never seen that before :D Probably showing off the versatility of a Ludwig set or sumpin... I dunno. Didn't take from the solo though so that's pretty cool.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Yeah, never seen that before :D Probably showing off the versatility of a Ludwig set or sumpin... I dunno. Didn't take from the solo though so that's pretty cool.

Ya.. Pretty cool how the demo went..:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online