Bob Dylan - "Modern Times"

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
Re: Dylan Goes "Modern"

Woo-hoo! If the quality of this upcoming outing matches his last two albums of new material, it'll be a time to celebrate! Not to mention that Paul Simon has put out a top-notch album this year as well!

Most of the best music I'm hearing these days is being done by people over 60...what does that say about our times?

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

anybody heard it?
I guess so since I guess it went to number one. whodda thunk?
anybody like it?
I like it maybe even better than 'Love and Theft', it's not as personal but it really sounds rugged and I haven't liked his guitar playing as much in ages.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

Haven't had time to really get into it but I rather liked what I have heard. Maybe this weekend I'll just put off all other stuff to have a "musical" holiday. I've got CDs that have been bought and not yet opened collecting dust!!!

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score

I have gone through the songs and the one that jumps out at me is "Ain't Talkin". It's kinda long but it's a pretty good song.

Joey Self

A Voice Of Reason
Reaction score

All in all, I like MODERN TIMES very much, but can't quite go so far as to say it is better than LOVE AND THEFT. Not yet, anyway--more listens behind me (I've got five so far, I think), and I may change my mind.

JcS

Drummer Chris

Reaction score

Sounds good so far, saw the video with Bob in Cowboy hat rockin' away, I just might buy this one.

Jewel

Reaction score

I would love to but this one too, and you all say you liked it.... Must be really good. I'll have to wait on it though, cause I can't afford squat now :(

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

one thing I like about getting a new dylan album is going back to the older ones.
maybe I'm just a fickle sort but I find myself liking ones I never liked too much (Street Legal) better than the ones I thought I liked more (Infidels)

funny how that works sometimes.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.