Blotted Science-The Machinations Of Dementia

joe

Reaction score
BlottedScience_Band3-326x231.jpg

Official Wikipedia page

Blotted Science is three piece instrumental prog/technical death metal band led by the highly technical extreme guitar of Ron Jarzombek from Watchtower and Spastic Ink and bassist Alex Webster(Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal) and drummer Charlie Zeleny(Behold...The Arctopus, and worked with Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater).

With his other instrumental band, Spastic Ink is more prog metal as here with Blotted Science it's technical death metal without the "growl" vocals. This album burst at the seams with technical flair and instrumental wizardry. Heavy riffage, off the wall time signature changes, crazy melodies, insane licks of shredding, and downright instrumental brutality.

tted+Science+-+The+Machinations+of+Dementia+(2007).jpg

joe

Reaction score
^^^Oh ya, big fan of Spastic Ink as well. Behold...The Arctopus is almost too complex, choatic, mind blowing for my brain.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've heard of this band before, I might have to check them out seein' they are an instrumental band...:think:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Count me in........no growls, squeals, shreeking screams! Just the music.

They only have one studio album so far, right? The videos have a fire and frenzy that is pretty awesome.

Ron plays with his brother in Spastic Ink, and is Spastic Ink also minus the growls?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I refused to address the growling controversy :D

But I will say that you guys are checking out some pretty extreme tech
stuff here so :cheers2 to that ..

joe

Reaction score
Count me in........no growls, squeals, shreeking screams! Just the music.

They only have one studio album so far, right? The videos have a fire and frenzy that is pretty awesome.

Ron plays with his brother in Spastic Ink, and is Spastic Ink also minus the growls?

Yes on all accounts Magic.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I refused to address the growling controversy :D

But I will say that you guys are checking out some pretty extreme tech
stuff here so :cheers2 to that ..

This music is totally different than anything I have heard.......I have always said that I liked the music behind the growls in death metal, most of the music anyways. The rhythms and guitar riffs are just amazing!

joe

Reaction score
Skullgrid from Behold..The Arctopus is even more technical IMO. Avant-garde metal. A very challengeable listen. Again, instrumental.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've heard some of Acrtopus's music and didn't like it at all Joe, it was just...too weird for me to get into...:hm:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online