Blackmore's Night (Official Thread)

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Re: Blackmore's Night

As a Blackmore disciple I like anything he does. I got Shadow of the Moon when it fist came out in '97 and bought every album until Ghost of a Rose. Each album contained a little more electric guitar. I haven't bought the last few though but have listened to them. I saw them in Philly (made the trip from SC) in '02 or '03 and the show was pretty cool. They did Purple's Soldier of Fortue. I like their version of Tull's Rainbow Blues and they've reworked Rainbow's Self Portrait to good effect. Ian Anderson guests on Play Minstrel Play from the first album. I still long for the day when Ritchie will don the Strat again in a conventional rock band.

Blackmore met Candice Night during a soccer match between Deep Purple and a radio station. She was an intern. She toured with the band during The Battle Rages On tour. He subsequently quit Purple and reformed a new Rainbow (which Night contributed backing vocals). They then embarked on this new project with Night's mother as manager.

That essentially makes Candice Night the "Yoko Ono" of Deep Purple.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Good stuff MP! When I hear the musical parts of this it reminds me of a group that I think you'd like ....And You Will Know Us By Our Trail of Dead! The vocalist for this group is far more gorgeous sounding but I find myself liking this group for the same reasons with the epic, instrumental parts that sound like they could be the score to a movie about the knights of the round table or something! :)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Blackmore met Candice Night during a soccer match between Deep Purple and a radio station. She was an intern. She toured with the band during The Battle Rages On tour. He subsequently quit Purple and reformed a new Rainbow (which Night contributed backing vocals). They then embarked on this new project with Night's mother as manager.

That essentially makes Candice Night the "Yoko Ono" of Deep Purple.

While Candice may be a lot prettier than Yoko Ono, that's still reason enough for me to boycott anything by Blackmore's Night.

412px-Candice_Night_2009_cropped.jpg

:wtf:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Good stuff MP! When I hear the musical parts of this it reminds me of a group that I think you'd like ....And You Will Know Us By Our Trail of Dead! The vocalist for this group is far more gorgeous sounding but I find myself liking this group for the same reasons with the epic, instrumental parts that sound like they could be the score to a movie about the knights of the round table or something! :)

:grinthumb

You'll love the chorus to this! :grinthumb

Once in a Million Years

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I like some of their stuff, I thought he lived at the bottom of the garden with your Rhinoceros album...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I like some of their stuff, I thought he lived at the bottom of the garden with your Rhinoceros album...

Is this in reference to the band Rhinoceros? I am into them and own Satin Chickens and the last one. The joke/question here went over my head though. Sorry, help me out? :heheh:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^I can help you there MP the joke is on me, I bought a Rhinoceros album as a teen on the advice of an older mate and was so miffed with it I slung it down the garden. However I must say my tastes have grown as I've aged.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ Was it Satin Chickens?? :heheh:

Kinda like my story...I had gotten it as a kid for like 99 cents...I gave it away to a rummage sale and for years I fought to get it back which I did....on collector's choice label...and I love it now...I mean I really dig it. :heheh:

OK back to BK!!

Edit: Videos no longer available, Magic

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

It was indeed MP...

Blackmore's Night have played in a small Opera house close to our town several times but I never heard about any of the gigs until they were over, so I am gonna keep my eyes on the venue just incase.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online