Black Sabbath Best Vocalist

MusicMistress

Reaction score
All the vocalists that have recorded with Black Sabbath have fit in nicely, I think. I tend to associate Black Sabbath with Ozzy, though, since he was the first behind the mic.

Dio was an awesome vocalist and so was Ray Gillen. It is sad that Gillen never made it on a recording, although there are some bootlegs out there if you know where to look.

To call any of the vocalists "the best" is just wrong as hell, though. They all seemed to work well with Black Sabbath. Subjective decision I would say.

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
When I think of BS, I think of Ozzy....but that is because of his extended amount of time with BS. BS would seem odd without Ozzy. I do like Dio as vocalist, though.

SabbathDio.jpg

dio-int.jpg

When you think of BS, you think of Ozzy? :oyea:
Theres gotta be another way to shorten the name Black Sabbath.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
The only thing about Sabbath that is BS is that Ozzy won't humble himself enough to perform the classic 1980's Black Sabbath track Headless Cross in concert! :D

The Roach

The Beatdown
Reaction score
None have lasted in the industry and Heavy Metal as Ozzy has. Without him there was no Black Sabbath. Some 40 years later he is still at the game and just as kick ass as ever. Range is not everything , Presence and sheer performance is his expertise. The man still plays to sell out crowds even at his age and that is a huge accolade for any performer. Dio was a great singer but Ozzy was Black Sabbath. So all in all I would have to say Ozzy hands down. Once he was gone form Black Sabbath I never bothered buying another Black Sabbath album, they just did not any longer have that Black Sabbath sound.
Some say he was lackluster as a singer and member of B.S. because as Iommi claims about his drug and Alcohol abuse but to me that is pretty much the pot calling the kettle black as each one of the was into it pretty heavy.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I listen to all the early sabbath albums quite a bit, Heaven And Hell with Dio on vocals is a great album that i listen to a lot as well. Dio for me is the better singer but when i hear him singing early sabbath songs like Paranoid,it just sounds wrong,when i think of Black Sabbath i automatically think of Ozzy as the singer.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Ozzy is no worse than Bob Dylan or Iggy Pop and they all are legends. While I'll never say Ozzy is a particularly talented singer since his voice is very thin and has little range I will say that the man has one of the most distinctive voices in music and his eerie vocals were very important to Sabbath. While Ronnie is by far a more talented singer Ozzy's vocals fit the darker, creepier tone of early Sabbath classics such as their self titled song.

basically this is what i was trying to say.:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Staff online

Members online