Black Oak Arkansas (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@E-Z
There hasn’t been any record shops in my area for years until about a year or so ago. I live in a college town and a couple students got together and opened “Black Plastic Records”. They have weird hours, so I have not visited their store. I need to go so I can check out their inventory.

It would shock you and me both at how many young people collect classic rock. My daughter calls it “vintage” music, and these kids 25+ years old are into anything vintage. Her and her husband collect 8 tracks and they tracked down a couple 8 track decks and installed them into their Historic square body truck…..lol

So, having vinyl of bands like Black Oak Arkansas would definitely be profitable for record shops

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
@E-Z
There hasn’t been any record shops in my area for years until about a year or so ago. I live in a college town and a couple students got together and opened “Black Plastic Records”. They have weird hours, so I have not visited their store. I need to go so I can check out their inventory.

It would shock you and me both at how many young people collect classic rock. My daughter calls it “vintage” music, and these kids 25+ years old are into anything vintage. Her and her husband collect 8 tracks and they tracked down a couple 8 track decks and installed them into their Historic square body truck…..lol

So, having vinyl of bands like Black Oak Arkansas would definitely be profitable for record shops
I occasionally hear what young people listen to in the UK today which is either Hip Hop or 'rehashed rock' from current rock bands or female singers like Britney Spears or Adele and female singers like those two and I think to myself there is tons of great 1970s rock albums from the 'golden age' of rock from the late 1960s and through the 1970s that none of those young people will ever listen to or even know about which is a shame. I am glad to hear that your daughter has 'musical taste' Magic ;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online