Best Sexual Healing Cover

Who covers this Marvin Gaye song the best?

• Total voters

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Who does my song the best?
Marvin+Gaye.jpg

Soul Asylum

Kate Bush

Ben Harper

Darren Hayes

George Michael

These are a variety of diverse covers! None are as good as Marvins greatness but they are all good ranging from sexy and intimate to just fun takes on a classic song! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Nice poll Sooty! One of my all time favorite songs that I never get tired of! :bow: I think I like the Darren Hayes cover the most. He has a very sexy voice! I need to listen to more of him. And he seems like that cute guy next door who would melt your socks off by singing this to you. So cute! Second would be a close one between Ben Harper and George Michael. When it comes to sexy songs, I don't think there's one that shocked the hell out of me more growing up than I Want Your Sex! :heheh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I heard/saw George Michael doing it live at the Nelson Mandella 70th Birthday concert at Wembley Stadium in about 1988, and it was awesomely cool and soulful, that guy had a great voice once, even if he's a pretty seedy and repugnant person these days, and as usual, YouTube has it!! It was actually a phenomenal day, gives me an idea for a thread, oh dear!! And as good as Live Aid I thought - Sting, Dire Straits, Simple Minds, Bryan Adams, Peter Gabriel, the Eurythmics, Joe Cocker, UB40, Stevie Wonder, Tracy Chapman...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Nice poll Sooty! One of my all time favorite songs that I never get tired of! :bow: I think I like the Darren Hayes cover the most. He has a very sexy voice! I need to listen to more of him. And he seems like that cute guy next door who would melt your socks off by singing this to you. So cute! Second would be a close one between Ben Harper and George Michael. When it comes to sexy songs, I don't think there's one that shocked the hell out of me more growing up than I Want Your Sex! :heheh:

Did you know Darren Hayes isactually the singer of Savage Garden? :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I heard/saw George Michael doing it live at the Nelson Mandella 70th Birthday concert at Wembley Stadium in about 1988, and it was awesomely cool and soulful, that guy had a great voice once, even if he's a pretty seedy and repugnant person these days, and as usual, YouTube has it!! It was actually a phenomenal day, gives me an idea for a thread, oh dear!! And as good as Live Aid I thought - Sting, Dire Straits, Simple Minds, Bryan Adams, Peter Gabriel, the Eurythmics, Joe Cocker, UB40, Stevie Wonder, Tracy Chapman...

Sounds like a cool thread is soon to emerge! :grinthumb

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool thread is soon to emerge! :grinthumb

We'll see S&S! Every person before they die IMO needs to just take a few minutes out of their schedules and see Miami Steve van Zandt, Simple Minds, Meatloaf, Peter Gabriel, and 80,000 kids all singing "Ain't Going to Play Sun City" at that Mandela concert. If for no other reason, this sort of thing is why rock n roll was invented.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online