Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

BILLKILL

Banned
Reaction score
RoxorFuxor said:
Hot Tuna, the Band, Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Butterfly, Focus, Mountain, Genesis (are they forgotten?), Them (I guess that is the 60's), and Robin Trower.

Wow, my dad has some old Genesis around. He said he like it back when he was about my age. So I have heard them.

aerozep

Reaction score
I'm gonna combine forgotten bands with underrated bands of the 70s..

Hers's my list...

Angel
Triumph
Foghat
Ramatam
The Poodles
Kingdom Come
Loverboy
Grand Funk Railroad
Rick Derringer
and a band I thought at the time was gonna be the next Deep Purple and I thought no one but myself ever heard of until I saw Sandrix20 post it on this thread...Lucifer's Friend..
PEACE :grinthumb

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
Badfinger
Motor City 5
Mountain
Atomic Rooster

For those who think that "Blue Oyster Cult" are forgotten, you need your heads checked.

Zrocker

Reaction score
April Wine

Especially thier pre Capitol Records stuff. I think they had seven albums out in Canada before Capitol signed them.

I met them when they played Ft Collins. To bad Frigate(sp?) didn't do better it was awsome.

Foghat tends to be under rated. UFO actually started out in the late 60s and I'm looking forward to their new one.

Nazareth is another under rated band though they did have some weaker recordings.

magnoliasteve

Reaction score
Man this is some trip down memory lane. How about ....

Bloodrock (DOA, Kool aid kids) loved that band

Moby Grape

Atomic Rooster

Blues Magoos

Blodwyn Pig

Canned Heat (on the road again)

Crow (Evil Woman, Cottage Cheese)

Electric Prunes

Vanilla Fudge

Flo and Eddie

Frijid Pink

Hot Tuna (Jefferson Airplane cast)

Left Banke

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Poco

Quicksilver Messenger Service

Spooky Tooth

Velvet Underground

Some great mucis came from these bands. This is twisted. All these bands are curently on my iPod playlist.

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Legs Diamond

I just spoke on the phone, a couple days ago, with my neighbor Michael Prince, the keyboardist & long time producer for Legs Diamond.

We go back almost 3 decades, & have played with several of the same musicians in our careers.

I designed & built his pool @ his home here in Castaic a couple years ago, & Michael is the owner of A4VDigital in N Hwd, & is a very respected Pro Tools engineer.

http://a4vdigital.com/clients.htm

Michael continues to play occasional reunion gigs with Legs Diamond. They're still quite popular in parts of Europe & Texas. They recently played here in LA @ Paladino's in the Valley.

Michael is going to help me mix & master my latest recordings, as soon as I have a few more tracks finished.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
I just spoke on the phone, a couple days ago, with my neighbor Michael Prince, the keyboardist & long time producer for Legs Diamond.

We go back almost 3 decades, & have played with several of the same musicians in our careers.

I designed & built his pool @ his home here in Castaic a couple years ago, & Michael is the owner of A4VDigital in N Hwd, & is a very respected Pro Tools engineer.

http://a4vdigital.com/clients.htm

Michael continues to play occasional reunion gigs with Legs Diamond. They're still quite popular in parts of Europe & Texas. They recently played here in LA @ Paladino's in the Valley.

Michael is going to help me mix & master my latest recordings, as soon as I have a few more tracks finished.

That's cool. I always liked them back in the 70s, didn't they come out with a new album a couple of years ago ? or am I thinking of someone else?

billtjr51

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear "Bertha". They were an all girl group that really rocked. I saw them at an outdoor festival at Rockingham Motor Speedway in NC in the early seventies with Alice Cooper, Bloodrock, Fleetwood Mac, the James Gang, Rory Gallagher, and others. Bertha was great. I know they put out one album, and I can't find any info on it. They must have been short lived.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGIElvis7

Members online