Best artists to start into the blues?

singforsam

Reaction score
I just got into Blues music and now i want to know where i can go to listen to some really good blues music or at least a good album, artist, etc. Let me know if you have something for me.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Re: Blues!!!

A friend of mine loaned me the cd "The Best Blues Album In The World Ever" and that got me started listening to Blues. It's by various artists and is a good starting point. It might be a little hard to find but I found it on Amazon. As far as Blues music my personal favorites are BB King and John Lee Hooker.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score

Well anything called "The Best Blues Album In The World Ever" must be good but I don't like the blues. Boring old man music if you ask me.

You might think differently if you tried it. Or not. Everyone here has different tastes. Thats what makes it interesting here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

ALL

Reaction score

You might think differently if you tried it. Or not. Everyone here has different tastes. Thats what makes it interesting here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

You may be right and thank you for the nice welcome Midnight.

Glad for it because my 1st account now says I am banned. WTF?

So I will give you guys another chance and give the blues another chance too.

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score

We have (for only a short time longer) a 24/7 commercial free blues station. Unfortunately, they are an automated station, but even as such, was turned onto many great artists. this station was just temporarily filling a frequency, and will soon be a new format.

The experience with this station has led me to the world of sattelite radio. They have channels dedicated to genres such as blues, jazz, etc. The sattelite radio also provides info like the name of the artist, song, and sometimes album/year. That is a great way to learn about blues if you can swing it.

Reaction score

BB king is definately my favorite blues man

i love claptons blues stuff

grateful dead when they play the blues is insane umm...

theres this band howlin rain thats pretty good

muddy waters is good too

or spencer davis group if you like more of a kind of chicago blues scene sound

i like the black mans southern blues haha just the passion and energy you can feel coimin off their voices and guitars

Last edited by a moderator:

aerozep

Reaction score

Try a cd collection called "From The Cradle" by Eric Clapton and a great collection from John Lee Hooker called "The Healer" and finally try a collection called "Nothing But The Blues" by Johnny Winter...:cheers: Enjoy
These are blues songs at their finest.Also a great live cd is by Gary Moore called "Blues Alive"It will def make you feel and love and want more of the blues.....:heybaby:

Peace

and keep those model subway trains a rollin'
watch the closing doors :wtf:

D

dinah2669

I just got into Blues music and now i want to know where i can go to listen to some really good blues music or at least a good album, artist, etc. Let me know if you have something for me.
Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Vaughan, Bonnie Rait and Dr. John

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online