Be aware:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There really is no need to add all those features right now Fox, how many trolls have you seen in the last 2 1/2 months? With myself and Magic and our team plus the protection Shaggy has embedded that takes care of most of the spam, and we are left with very few invaders to deal with.

The best method is to just Tell one of us if someone is causing trouble if we are not online, the members can make all the difference by reporting obvious trolls/spammers that somehow do join and start trouble, which helps us to keep the forum a fun enjoyable place.

I do like the idea of "The Jail" that Kissfreak suggested, but that is up to Shaggy seeing he would have to add/buy the application.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We honestly dont need anything at the moment, the forum is heavily guarded with Gargoyles, land mines, and other booby traps :D

The feature that Kissfreak mentions is a program I know...it is called "Miserable User". It is designed to make the "troll" or whomever is making all the trouble feel "Miserable" if he/she attempts to log into the forum who uses the miserable user program. This progam is evil, and will make the person think they have a virus or something.

I personally dont want to use anything like this, but it is sorta funny when you think about how miserable you can make them with the tricks and stuff the program does.

As far as screening new registrants, we can place all new members in "moderation", which means that they register, and can make a post but the post wont be seen until a moderator approves it and checks to make sure it is a valid member. I personally find this extremely restricting, and is only used under certain circumstances. We dont want to encourage spammers, but yet we dont want newbies to think the forum is a "pain in the butt" to join.

Last edited:
F

FoxyPage

Yeah, those whole moderation things can be annoying. I joined a forum before where my account had to be validated by a mod and it took them like 3 weeks to do it.......another place, you could join right away but your posts were all moderated until a mod approved them and saw that you aren't a troll/spambot......if anything, that drives people away because they want to join and post and having to wait will just encourage them to join other forums.

One of the best things you can do is not respond to the troll and just hit the report button.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.