Audacity Latency

Chicago Guy

Reaction score
Has anyone came across problems recording multiple tracks on Audacity? I read that there always going to be a delay on play through to the headphones. I trying play drums over a drum less track to practice so i can hear myself. I may have to get my old Tascam cassette 4 track back out? Any suggestions? Thanks! John

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
Has anyone came across problems recording multiple tracks on Audacity? I read that there always going to be a delay on play through to the headphones. I trying play drums over a drum less track to practice so i can hear myself. I may have to get my old Tascam cassette 4 track back out? Any suggestions? Thanks! John

I know this is an old thread but it rings a bell.
I can't remember what I did to overcome latency in Audacity but in the end it was just one of many things I had to overcome.
I also came from the Tascam mini studio thing.
Eventually I just upgraded to a Tascam Digital Multitrack studio and I haven't looked back. You can get a really decent one for a couple hundred bucks.
Or a 32 track for between $500 and $600 and everything in between.

https://www.amazon.com/Tascam-DP-00...70&sr=8-2&keywords=tascam+multitrack+recorder

Schmetterling

Reaction score
You could always shell out for a Mac and make your recordings in Garageband or Logic.....:D.....

but you'll always have some issues with latency no matter how you do it unless you go completely analog which is crap. In Logic dealing with it is as simple as pressing a button....

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online