Ash Ra Tempel

Pistol

Pointing at you
Reaction score
Ash+Ra+Tempel+Pressefoto++Rosi++Gttsching.jpg

Ash Ra Tempel are one of the most notable German Krautrock groups of the 1970s, and are a notable example of cosmic or space rock.
The group was originally founded by guitarist Manuel Göttsching, keyboardist/drummer Klaus Schulze, and bassist Hartmut Enke in 1971. All three founding members had previously played together as part of the short-lived group Eruption founded by Conrad Schnitzler. Prior to that Schnitzler and Schulze had worked together in Tangerine Dream.
A short-lived project Manuel Göttsching had in 1970 was the Steeple Chase Blues Band, which also included Hartmut Enke, Wolfgang Müller, and Volker Zibell.

Their music is widely characterized as cosmic and atmospheric. The early albums were more psychedelic-oriented and all had one lengthy track per side: one more powerful and dramatic, the other of a more atmospheric nature. (Source:last.fm)

kraut-rock, space-rock, progressive-rock, Experimental-rock, whatever-rock it may be ..but u need to check this out for a once.

I have heard their one album so far and i am really digging it.

Album Recommended
Ash Ra Tempel - Starring Rossi
Starring+Rosi+Front++Small.png

Ash Ra Tempel - Laughter Loving

Ash Ra Tempel - Day Dream

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hey Pistol nice to see you've still got some "bullets" in your chamber.:D

And a pleasure to see your name in the threads again.

For some reason I've never collected any Ash Ra Temple albums...I know how important they are in the Krautrock world and are essential listening to anyone interested in that unique German progressive music movement but I just never pursued them.

For me a little Krautrock goes a long way, but I'm willing to give them a chance. I'll see if I can find a complete album to check out.

Bonham'ssqueakypedal

Reaction score
I saw Manuel perform in Philly a few years ago. He was very good. I'm not too big into the electronic side of things with a few exceptions. I think the first Ash ra Tempel album is really great. I've always sort of somewhat jokingly said that on side one they invented heavy metal and on side two they invented new age. :p

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.