Argent (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Argent

That's what I thought after listening to 4 first albums. Nexus is such an underrated piece of prog!

Reactions: E-Z

shazzam

Reaction score
The Argent performance on the Old Grey Whistle Test Vol. 1 DVD is absolutely fantastic. This band was destined to be another super group if they had only kept on.

E-Z

Reaction score
The Argent performance on the Old Grey Whistle Test Vol. 1 DVD is absolutely fantastic. This band was destined to be another super group if they had only kept on.

This band had some great musician's especially in Rod Argent and Russ Ballard and some great songs to go with it, there song HOLD YOUR HEAD UP being one of my all time rock favourites.

The sheer musically talents of Russ Ballard (song writing & electric guitar) should have been given more credit since the 1970s this guy is one of rock musics un-sung hero's!!.

shazzam

Reaction score
This band had some great musician's especially in Rod Argent and Russ Ballard and some great songs to go with it, there song HOLD YOUR HEAD UP being one of my all time rock favourites.

The sheer musically talents of Russ Ballard (song writing & electric guitar) should have been given more credit since the 1970s this guy is one of rock musics un-sung hero's!!.

I couldn't agree more with you , Russ had a great voice and a awesome guitarist as well, I always loved his solo albums too, The "Voices" single was another great tune he released in the 80's that showed his vocal talents well.

Marbles

Reaction score
Argent, Ballard, Henrit & Rodford reunited for (they say) one last time on Sunday night in Aylesbury to headline a benefit show for the 17-year old son of a local musician, who broke his neck 18 months ago in a trampolining accident.

They only played a short set, which included "It's Only Money (Part 1)", "Hold Your Head Up", "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll" and "Since You Been Gone", due (according to Russ Ballard) to the limited time that they'd had to rehearse, due to Zombies commitments.

Support on the night came from The Zombies themselves (who played a longer set of around 12 songs), plus Steve Hogarth and Steve Rothery from Marillion, who played four numbers ("Abraham, Martin & John", Marillion's "Sugar Mice", Bowie's "Life On Mars" and "All The Young Dudes") and other local musicians/bands.

Needless to say, it was a cracking good night and raised some much needed money to allow the victim's family to move to a property more suited to a 17-year old in a wheelchair.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Was listening to In Deep earlier……it’s alright.

1711051731275.jpeg

God Gave Rock n Roll to You

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online