Arachnoid - Arachnoid

RandolphCarter

Reaction score
*Can't get the damn picture to working -.- *

"ARACHNOÏD is a French major progressive band whose music was combined the strengths of other French symphonic groups and dark progressive rock that recalled KING CRIMSON. The dark sound, almost like UNIVERS ZERO, is accomplished mostly by melodic structures in the vein of KING CRIMSON's "Larks' Tongues In Apic" and dramatical vocals similar to that of Christian DECAMPS from ANGE. ARACHNOÏD's music express a continuous tension with flashing guitar's parts and tormented keyboards interventions. A unique band with nods to KING CRIMSON, PULSAR, SHYLOCK & PINK FLOYD!

ARACHNOÏD's 1978 self-titled album is one of France's finest progressive albums of the 70's, but not classic. The first four tracks of the seven original are the best, but also the most complicated and intriguing. Classically-inspired instrumentals, but their vocalist is weak. Recommended for all adventurous progters!" (from Progarchives.com)

Enjoy! :D

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good stuff Randolph ! Some cool sounds here, great guitar work etc...lets hear more :cheers2

RandolphCarter

Reaction score
Yeah, i discovered them just some weeks ago. They have some live tracks on their album which are really breathtaking in terms of atmosphere....

I'm not sure about the laws here, but if an album is out of print or maybe even the artists themselves don't mind, would it be okay to post a link to the album itself? You know, go totally ProgNotFrog-Style? ;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No we don't allow links to download any albums in the open forum. Anyone interested could contact you via PM and that is between the two of you and fine with me.

I collect OOP albums myself, I consider it a duty to preserve the Best versions of old classics whenever possible.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.