Antemasque ( Official thread )

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
ANTEMASQUE ....are the latest project put together by THE MARS VOLTA pair Cedric Bixler Zavala and Omar Rodriguez Lopez.Both have previously worked together in previous bands AT THE DRIVE IN and BOSNIAN RAINBOWS.
With The Mars Volta now in hiatus ANTEMASQUE have recorded their debut album of the same name. Musically the "prog" elements of The Mars Volta are almost hidden ....but there is enough musical and lyrical talent here to keep any diehard fan happy.
So what do you think ? Let the music do the talking...

ALBUMS.....ANTEMASQUE.....2014

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Since I like The Mars Volta and At The Drive In, it was a dead cert I was going to like this! Wow, yeah, really good tunes here (and quite diverse)... need to get the album, any idea when it's due for release? - in physical form not digital, can't be doing with the latter :)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
According to Wiki out in October Tray...already out in digital form since July.It should be interesting how it sells .Never easy for a band to split up and expect people to suddenly take to your music straight away under a different moniker.[e.g Liam Gallagher BEADY EYE ]
There is a change here in ANTEMASQUEs sound , the songs are shorter more direct .Its still good and this album will be added to the wish list. Iam liking the track "Providence".....very dark, with a Led Zep feel to it IMO, I would say its one of the best tracks I have heard this year

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Ah right, I must remember to check Amazon for it in October :)

Yeah I think Providence is my top pick from the three songs posted. Cheers for pointing me in the direction of this new band!

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
well, I have to say that my first thought was something like: "what a shame! They're musically great, but I don't like the way the singer sings"...
but the more I've listened to them and the more I've gotten used to the vocals... and well, I really like them.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Hmm seem the band may be in trouble after the singer alegedly threw boiling water over the crowd at one of their gigs.....
Rumour has it. they are also working on a new album
Two more top tracks from their debut, I have been playing it of late

I got no remorse/Ride like the devils son

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online