Altered State (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Altered State
dos14.png

I thought I'd dip my pen into the Progressive section for the first time. I wouldn't say this is my first Progressive band here as I've discussed The Decemberists and other bands that have Progressive tendencies but it's the first band here that is labeled Progressive straight out. I got this c.d.:

R-2706680-1297397774.jpeg.jpg

for free in college and as I'm going through my I-Tunes recently I started exploring this one and it's pretty good. It actually has elements of 90's Alternative Rock I grew up with some vocals even having a Bono feel. Their biggest hit came off of the debut:

hqdefault.jpg

Ghost Beside My Bed

That song actually charted but that's not the album I own so here's one I like off of Dos!

Darkness Visible

A lot of you probably already know this band and if you don't I wish I had better resources for material by them but they are rare on the net!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Altered State

Such a cool band! I have to give these guys more of a listen. Ghost Beside My Bed is a really great song.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Such a cool band! I have to give these guys more of a listen. Ghost Beside My Bed is a really great song.

It's cool because when I got this years ago I never paid any attention to it beyond the first listen. Since then I've expanded to similar styles of music to this and I get to appreciate it more now. :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

These guys are pretty cool ,Soot. I will try to give them a really good listening to after I get done checking out a bunch progressive stuff I have lined up from 2010

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

These guys are pretty cool ,Soot. I will try to give them a really good listening to after I get done checking out a bunch progressive stuff I have lined up from 2010

Let me know what you think later if you think of it DKW! I know all about having so much music on your plate it's almost impossible to hear it all! :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

OK , I'll try to get them in pretty soon but I do feel a bit overwhelmed right now trying to get in a bunch of new stuff I have lined up and getting side tracked with my old stuff too :heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online