Alexisonfire (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've been putting off making a thread for this band for a little while. More or less for the uncertainty of it this thread already exists or not. But I did a search, and the only other thread that would have any relationship to this one is a thread for Dallas Green's solo work, which can be found here: City & Colour (Official Thread)

Now, once you're done pining and drooling over Dallas Green's solo work, let's get to the band before he went off on his own, Alexisonfire.

Alexisonfire is a five-piece post-hardcore band that started their career back in 2001. They recently broke up I believe due to the fact that Dallas Green wanted to focus more on his solo records and not be tied down by his work with this band. Unfortunate as well because I enjoy Dallas Green a smidgen more in this band than I do in City & Colour. Don't get me wrong, both are phenomenal, but there's something about hearing his voice with the heavy riffs that just make me want to rip my pants off.

Anyway, onto the thread:

ALEXISONFIRE

t6zghv.jpg

If you've never heard this band before, the one album I would recommend would have to be "Old Crows / Young Cardinals".
Has a lot of great work on it from them.

jjy0dy.jpg

All their other albums are great as well, but those are a few songs
i'd recommend starting with from the album that I recommend starting with.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
From their Crisis release:

alexisonfire.jpg

Mailbox Arson

Rough Hands

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the plug! :grinthumb I just have to say that while it's obvious to everyone who looks at that thread that I'm more of a fan of City and Colour the mix of his vocal n this type of band is brilliant! I got into this band because of him but musically I traced it back to songs he redid on his own that were Alexisonfire originals! Honestly regardless of my preference of versions I do think these are great songs on their own! :grinthumb Both are great lyrically! I love "Happiness By The Kilowatts" about life's expectations and the underwhelming evaluation of it's current state and I love "Boiled Frogs" take on the working man! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^No problem man. Figured if I was going to make a thread for one of Dallas's projects, I may as well put a thread to his other work.

I agree full heartedly with everything you said. There's something about the mixture of the screamers vocals with Dallas Green's vocals that just excite me every time I listen to each of their albums. Dallas Green with whatever he does seems to be nothing short of perfection.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online