Alesana (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Seems I post a lot about these guys in the What Are You Listening To thread(s), but I haven't gotten around to making a thread for them until right now. Alesana is an american rock band who formed back in 2004, and have released 4 studio albums and 1 EP. Amazing band, I personally would recommend The Emptiness out of any of their releases.

Alesana

55s4sh.jpg

DISCOGRAPHY

On Frail Wings of Vanity and Wax
Where Myth Fades to Legend
The Emptiness
A Place Where The Sun is Silent

Some favorites off of The Emptiness

15g2n9v.jpg

Other incredible songs:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Alesana

Hey, I think this was one of the first bands we bonded on man! :grinthumb I only have one of there albums but for a screamo band they had some of the most beautiful ballads I've ever heard and I could listen to them over and over again. I have this album:

On The Frail Wings Of Vanity and Wax
Alesana-On-Frail-Wings-of-Vanity-&-Wax.jpg

Here are the gorgeous piano laden ballads:

Early Mourning

Apology (Remix)

Third Tempatation of Paris

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Alesana

^I believe you may be right. I kept meaning to make a thread on this band, but I for some reason thought you had made one, but I couldn't find one from searching over and over, so I figured i'd make one.

As for the album, that one is an incredible album as well. I place it second behind the one I mentioned in the OP. And I completely agree. They may be a screamo band, but they are talented in other aspects, evident throughout their music. I love hearing the clean vocals more to be honest, I think he has an incredible voice.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
New Alesana release:

A Place Where The Sun Is Silent
Alesana-A-Place-Where-The-Sun-is-Silent-Cover-ARt.jpg

I like the closing track! It kind of reminds me of Monty Are I with an Avenged Sevenfold guitar style! It has more melody and harmony vocals and when the screamy vocals come in they are a different scratchy style than usual! I kind of like it the screaming parts as well and the whole song is epic!

A Gilded Masquearade

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Going to be picking that up very soon. The song you posted is amazing. I really like their harmonic songs.

Eyre

Reaction score
To me just some of their ballads are ok, not into scream stuff.

Last edited:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I noticed you posted The Third Temptation of Paris in your post above Soots. That is probably my favorite song off the On Frail Wings Of Vanity and Wax album. It's a beautiful song.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I noticed you posted The Third Temptation of Paris in your post above Soots. That is probably my favorite song off the On Frail Wings Of Vanity and Wax album. It's a beautiful song.

Awesome! I can't pick from the three! Hey, I saw you bought the new album. Can't wait to hear what you think of it! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Awesome! I can't pick from the three! Hey, I saw you bought the new album. Can't wait to hear what you think of it! :grinthumb

I'll be giving the new album a listen sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. I am very excited to listen to it though.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've started listening to the album this morning, and right off the bat, it's pretty incredible. A Forbidden Dance has got a great feel to it, I feel like this album has brought the band as a whole up a few notches in my book. So far, I am really enjoying this album.

This album also gives me a much larger appreciation for the cleaner vocals. The screams are ok, but the clean vocals are fantastic.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online