Albums You Disliked Previously But Has Grown On You?

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
black-sabbath-never-say-die.jpg

I really hated this album when it came out...all but the title track. After buying the CD just to have all the Sabbath discography I gave it another chance and I really like a lot now. It's still one of my least fav Sabbath releases but still enjoyable IMO.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ I'm the same with Technical Ecstasy.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
8210802925_21d86c2e95_n.jpg

I didn't really care much for this album when I bought it. It took quite a spell for me to warm up to it.

Now, though, it's right at the top of my favorite Aero albums. I mean, it really grew on me. I can listen to it 3-4 times in a row and never skip a track. (well, except for Remember Walking In The Sand)

Cannons Ahoy

The Great Pretender
Reaction score
Metallica (black album)
Thick as a Brick
With the Beatles
Emerson Lake & Palmer (debut)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Master of Puppets took me awhile to get into despite how loved it is. I still hate Damage Inc. but the rest of the album eventually grew on me. I still think RTL is vastly superior though.

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Master of Puppets took me awhile to get into despite how loved it is. I still hate Damage Inc. but the rest of the album eventually grew on me. I still think RTL is vastly superior though.

I agree about master, though I'd put Justice first. It's the reason I became a Metalhead, & then a general music nut in the first place, & thus it's my eternal, untouchable #1 album. Even as I've slowly fallen out of love with the band as a whole, that record still stands in a league of it's own.

As for what's grown on me, I'd say Coverdale/Page. The first time I heard it I gave it a severe 'meh' rating, but I threw it on the other day on a whim & have been wearing it out since. I wish more would've come of this project, Coverdale's such a killer vocalist. But alas, Plant got jealous, even though his initial refusal to join Page is what birthed the project in the first place.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Black Sabbath Never Say Die and 13 have grown on me a lot.
I still maintain Never Say Die is a pretty poor album when looking at it objectively but musically it does have some good tunes on it when the shitty production is put aside.

13 on my first 2 listens felt really boring and lacklustre and while I still don't think Ozzy vocals are that great I love the music more now.

Megadeth United Abominations is another one that took a few listens to get into properly. It has some good thrash metal guitar work on this album. Got great songs like Sleepwalker, Burnt Ice, Gears of War and even United Abominations itself.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online