Alabama

ANTHEM

Reaction score
While I grew up in michigan my families roots were in tennessee and alabama and like this song tells my grand parents were sharecroppers and my grandfather moved to detroit for a job with ford and my grandmother used to tell me pretty much what this song says....."we were so poor already that we didn't know there was a great depression". As a matter of fact my uncle now has a farm on sand mountain near fort payne which is this bands home town and has met them before on casual occasions and says they are really just down to earth good people.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I have a huge nostalgic tie to this band and this type of Country (ie. Restless Heart, etc.) due to my exposure to it growing up! :) Probably the best group harmonies in Country period! :cheers2

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I have a huge nostalgic tie to this band and this type of Country (ie. Restless Heart, etc.) due to my exposure to it growing up! :) Probably the best group harmonies in Country period! :cheers2
I hated country music for years because of negative run ins with redneck types but over time learned to understand that many country people and southerners weren't like that and just down to earth hillbillies if you will and started to appreciate my roots a bit better. My grandmother was 5 foot nothing, looked just like granny clampett and was just as feisty and even carried a gun on her hip lol. My great grandmother was a hard working stocky irish woman who was the daughter of irish immigrants who smoked a corn cob pipe lol. They were poor but decent people and originally came from mc minnville tn. which was near the "rocky top" area that the blue grass song was about. They were true real life hill billy cliches like something right out of the beverly hillbillies:oyea:

And since I learned an appreciation for this by gone culture and my famlies roots I decided to make this video as a tribute to my grand mother and great grandmother god rest their hillbilly souls :)

I know it's an alabama thread but here goes.......

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online