Aerosmith Album?

Reaction score
I've recently decided to start learning/listening to every song of a certain band every year. I've grown up listening to Guns-n-Roses and I'm proud to say I can name and sing every single one of their songs (well, the ones up until their breakup at least, I don't know any of the current ones). This past year I listened to KISS songs album by album, and though I could never memorize all their songs I listened to all them. This year I plan on learning Aerosmith/Motley Crue, and I need help deciding where to start with Aerosmith. Should I start with the lesser known albums and work my way to the well known, or start with the classics? I'm not worried about Motley Crue as I have heard most of their songs growing up (I plan on memorizing these like GNR), but I'm not sure where to even BEGIN for Aerosmith. Please give recommendations! Thanks so much!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with Sweaty and Tek_54, when I discover a new band no matter which album I listened to first if I like them I'll get the whole discography and work my way from the beginning to the end...listening to each album at least 2-3 times before moving to the next one.

That is a unique approach to getting to know a band MrsNickSimmons.:cheers2

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Definitely listen your way through the 70's stuff. After that, it starts to get a little dicey, unless you have an unquenchable thirst for power ballads.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Night In The Ruts is another great one to go with.

Reaction score
I agree with Sweaty and Tek_54, when I discover a new band no matter which album I listened to first if I like them I'll get the whole discography and work my way from the beginning to the end...listening to each album at least 2-3 times before moving to the next one.

That is a unique approach to getting to know a band MrsNickSimmons.:cheers2

Thanks! That is what I have been doing! I will listen to one album for a week and move on to the next one. It's a very helpful way of doing it! Motley Crue I'm not so worried about because I know so much of their stuff already, thats why I'm adding Aerosmith on to it. Next year I have made it the Beatles. That will definately be a bigger challenge than Aerosmith! But that's why I'm starting slow. One of my favorite things about listening to a whole bands' discography is hearing how they grow and change through the years. I love hearing it it literally gives me chills!

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
A little advice...find a site with lyrics.

Steven Tyler speaks a language all his own.

And yes, start with Aerosmith's first. It's like a lot of bands' debut. Raw and crunchy.

Here's the enitre album, with the times for each song. My personal faves are One Way Street, Movin' Out and Mama Kin

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online