A Sound Mind (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
64190.jpg

Official Myspace
Official Facebook

"Taking on the world one song at a time, A Sound Mind is an epic alternative rock group from Melbourne, Australia. Merging a technology based orchestra with atmospheric ambience and hard rock, A Sound Mind have an extremely powerful & uplifting sound, that's captivating a universal audience." They have one album, Harmonia, released in 2007 and will soon be playing in Adelaide where I hope to see them live!

41whjPx41uL__SS500_.jpg

Have a listen for yourself:

Grace

Venus & Mars

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: A Sound Mind

Nice Sal! This is the best band you've introduced me to! Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to have a heavier, more aggressive sound than any of the other bands I recall you displaying on here! I particularly like the first two songs a lot. The vocalist reminds me of Silverchair and that's a good thing! :grinthumb This may be my first Sal purchase! :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: A Sound Mind

I thought you'd like them :grinthumb And I do like a small amount of the heavy agressive stuff, I just don't like all the shouting or growling some bands do.

As for ASM, Personally I get more of a 30 Seconds To Mars feel, only more grand and on a larger scale, their music seems to have a lot more impact and power IMO. I reckon it's because of the 'electronic orchestra', not only does it smooth out some of the roughness of the metal, it enhances the atmosphere and the general epicness of the music and makes it more accesible too!

Oh, and if you like Silverchair then check out the Rumourtism song from my journal! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online