40 years ago today...

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Paul McCartney released a Q & A style press release in which he stated that his song writing partnership with John Lennon was over. This statement was widely considered to be the official announcement of The Beatles break-up.

(Well, today in Australia, I believe it would still be tomorrow in America)

:(

What a sad day in history.

ABC Beatles on Digital Radio | Dig Music

^^ This radio station has documentaries and Beatles songs all weekend (Australian weekend) if anyone wants to listen online. I know I am :cheers:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Paul McCartney released a Q & A style press release in which he stated that his song writing partnership with John Lennon was over. This statement was widely considered to be the official announcement of The Beatles break-up.

(Well, today in Australia, I believe it would still be tomorrow in America)

:(

What a sad day in history.

ABC Beatles on Digital Radio | Dig Music

^^ This radio station has documentaries and Beatles songs all weekend (Australian weekend) if anyone wants to listen online. I know I am :cheers:

Even tho I know they all wanted to split up (except Paul lol)
They needed the break from each other

they were so unhappy and angry with the band
they all had new personal relationships
and they needed time away to nuture them

but i think they we're very sad . They were like brothers. They joked..laughed..teased... fought..and loved each other..
and they never had any friends that understood what drama it was to be a Beatle like each other :grinthumb

They needed their 'divorce' as John once put it..but I think that at some point in the future..they would have at least became friends again..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online