36/M/Canaduh eh

Dr Chocolate

Reaction score
been an audioholic all my life. ever since i got my first turntable by the age of 2 or 3 (to be honest, who can remember things like that) and that was that

before the house burnt down in the winter of 1980/1981 i remember all sorts of great records and tapes being played in that house. even stuff that i find myself wondering, would a kid these days like the album i heard before i was 6 years old?

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Rush - Archives
Van Halen - Woman & Children First
Grand Funk - Closer To Home
Beatles - Red & Blue
Rolling Stones - Red & Blue (those were on 8 tracks)
Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Nazareth - Greatest Hits (which Love Hurts/Hair Of The Dog 7" was the first record i remember getting. therefore, you now have a little kid running around the house saying Son Of A Bitch now, lol)

now these days it's things like Deerhunter / Off! / Florence & The Machine / The Living Deadbeats / Radiohead

never got into any of that "grunge/punk" crap of the 90's (you know, Green Day / Bad Religion / Offspring / Pearl Jam / Soundgarden or any other band "everybody else" was listening to. i drew the line at Nirvana and that was it) instead i ended up listening to riot grrl and jazz. ya. what a combo eh?

ive been playing guitar for over 25 years now. dont really have a band anymore, because we have all grown up. and now it's just jamming with a few buddies now and then. lately i want to learn how to play the style of Robert Johnson, which you wouldve thought that by now, i would've already knew how. but i was never really a multi finger picker. just a guitar pick (or dime or quarter) and that 1-2-3-4 GO! kinda thing.

the most expensive album i ever paid for is $80 for a green vinyl pressing of Heavy Vegetable's 2 For The Price Of 1 album (aka The Amazing Underwater Adventures Of Aqua Kitty And Her Friends // Frisbee)
the oldest album i got is a second pressing, 2 eye, mono Dave Brubeck's Time Out
my favorite 180 gram album is Sonic Youth's Bad Moon Rising
my favorite 10" album is Miles Davis Quintet
my favorite 7" record is Cub's first 5 7" ep's

wait, am i filling out some online dating thing? wtf?!?
:heheh:
:pullhair:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
One heck of an introduction Dr. Chocolate, welcome aboard the CRF Express.:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online