1971: Led Zeppelin IV or Who's Next?

Led Zeppelin IV or Who's Next?

• Total voters

BobB

Reaction score
'Who's Next' just may be the most perfect rock album ever made. No weak tracks, and it has the most compelling album closer - as well as set closer live - that a band ever had with "Won't Get Fooled Again". And lyrically, it is miles ahead of 'Led Zeppelin IV'. Townshend's songwriting is consistently brilliant on 'Who's Next'. Zeppelin's biggest weakness was always lame lyrics, and it sure shows on several of 'IV''s tracks ("Black Dog", "Misty Mountain Hop"), although the ensemble group playing is fantastic throughout. As a complete album statement, though, 'Who's Next' easily takes the cake.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This is a toughy..but i went for Who's Next based on memories.
That Led Zep album reminds me of school..which was rather a crap experience involving the Sister of ( have no ) Mercy who taught me throughout my schooling. Playing Black Dog on a portable Bush tape machine.
The Who LP goes a little deeper- i was raised on Meaty Beaty and Live At Leeds etc...from my kid Brother...and even though a huge Stones fan...only Who tunes provide my teenage anthems..most on this very album...plus it was Pete's intended work ..which as we know turned and changed into this..the cover and rear image is pure Ethan...and being of Gypsy origin...Going Mobile is my fave.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online