100 Greatest Guitar Solos

eccentric man

Reaction score
i don't really have the time to go through all of them as closely as i'd like but i'm pretty sure i've learned a good 1/3rd of those tunes and solos listed over the years.

eccentric man

Reaction score
i just looked into it a little closer. i knew or at least spent a good chunk of time learing 25 of those over the years. but i have to say their links for the solo tabs are balls. i was learning those smashing pumpkins tunes with those exact tabs 7-8 years ago.

and the BEST.... this comment in the tab for the 'three days solo' by dave navarro / jane's addiction, which should be WAY higher than 100th place.

"Yes, I do play the solo, but I'm not going to tab it out. I know parts, but
not all of it. I just fake what I don't know. Maybe someday... :)"

way to go guitar world. i guess i'll go back to my old tab that at least had a few basic themes and licks from the solo to use as a base to improvise with.

the voodoo chile (slight return) tab link doesn't even load hahahaha

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
The Led Zeppelin song "Hots On For No-Where" off Presence has an incredible guitar solo....absolutely love it!
(Methinks it is a B-Bender on that Tele)

eccentric man

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
The Led Zeppelin song "Hots On For No-Where" off Presence has an incredible guitar solo....absolutely love it!
(Methinks it is a B-Bender on that Tele)

hmmm haven't listened to that disc in a long time but there's definitely some amazing guitar work on there, especially with 'achilles last stand' hehehe.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Yes; Presence is an awesome album especially instrumentaly though Plant did a good job singing in his wheelchair.
The guitarwork, bass playing and drumming is all exceptional throughout the album, I think Candy Store Rock is the best tune on it though Achilles indeed gallops well.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
The single greatest guitar solo of all time would have to be George Harrison's solo in "All You Need Is Love."

Of course I'm kidding.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
martin.. mwhaha.

their number 4 is my number 1.

but there *is* some killer stuff on this list.

kath
numerically challenged?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online