☆The Plenty Of 1970☆

E-Z

Reaction score
I have a Norman Greenbaum compilation cd (in fact I have two cds) and it's a pretty good listen from start to finish. In the UK Norman is or was regarded as a 'one hit wonder' with his Spirit In The Sky single. The compilation of course starts with his hit song and then carries on with Norman's 1970 'hippy rock' music which sounds alright and then towards the end of the cd some riff based electric guitar songs appear and rounds out the cd, all in all it's a good listen. I believe Norman is still alive and living somewhere down in the south west of the USA.

Last edited:

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
I have a Norman Greenbaum compilation cd (in fact I have two cds) and it's a pretty good listen from start to finish. In the UK Norman is or was regarded as a 'one hit wonder' with his Spirit In The Sky single. The compilation of course starts with his hit song and then carries on with Norman's 1970 'hippy rock' music which sounds alright and then towards the end of the cd some riff based electric guitar songs appear and round out the cd, All in all it's a good listen. I believe Norman is still alive and living somewhere down in the south west of the USA.
I recently got the 2 CD comp of his (might be the same one?). I only knew him for that one hit. So am enjoying going through his other stuff.

This one:
51drz0E7WwL._AC_.jpg

E-Z

Reaction score
About 4 or 5 years ago I found and read an old interview that the guitarist who played on Spirit In The Sky back in 1970 had given and he was saying about how he had created that guitar 'effect' that was added to the song which from memory may have been created by him 'messing with the toggle switch' on the guitar by switching it on and off?.

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
About 4 or 5 years ago I found and read an old interview that the guitarist who played on Spirit In The Sky back in 1970 had given and he was saying about how he had created that guitar 'effect' that was added to the song which from memory may have been created by him 'messing with the toggle switch' on the guitar by switching it on and off?.
It's got a great sound to it. I love all these stories and bits of info. Thanks E-Z. :cheers2

E-Z

Reaction score
Norman Greenbaum was obviously a hippy in the late 1960s and by looking at pictures of him as an old man he looks like he still is a hippy not that there's anything wrong with that. Yeah he is some sort of chicken or goat farmer down in the south west of the USA.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online