What Are You Listening To? Redux (No Videos)

Tony Trout

Reaction score
I'm listening to -

"The Byrds: The Complete Columbia Albums Collection"

I'm a huge fan of both Marty Stuart & The Byrds - I was once in a local band that opened two shows for Marty Stuart & The Fabulous Superlatives in Hiawassee, Georgia at the Anderson Music Hall on July 17, 2008. At the time, I also had a reissue paisley Telecaster with a B/G StringBender, two "D" tuners (for banjo) on the 'E' strings, and a set of modern-day Joe Barden Telecaster pickups in my guitar. I just recently found out that both Marty Stuart & his guitarist, Kenny Vaughan (no relation to SRV) greatly complimented my use of the B/G StringBenders. Just in case no one knows what a StringBender is, watch Marty play former Byrds guitarist, Clarence White's 1954 Fender Esquire/Telecaster with the prototype StringBender. When the front strap button (which is linked to a series of rods and springs inside the guitar) is activated by pulling down on the neck, that movement raises the pitch of the "B" string a whole step to "C#" If you have a "G" stringbender on the guitar along with the "B" stringbender, you can raise the pitch of the "G" string to an "A" by pulling back on the neck which has a lever at the end of the guitar that when pulled back raises the pitch of the "A" string to a "B" note. .....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnfkdg

Members online

No members online now.