Just read a bio about Charlie Watts

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Welcome Broom or Moments.....
Stream of consciousness or waffling on is a good thing and can be very interesting.....it's certainly ok with me.
I think there is at least one thread here where you can just talk about whatever you like...not sure what section it's in.
Off Topic Abyss is under Classic Rock Society....bottom of the page....Im sure u can start whatever thread u like...or maybe under one of the rock lounge sections start a general music one and there is also a general chat thread here under Off Topic.....but I think you have to have a min number of posts to get there.....I had the same problem when I showed up here.
:oops:

Last edited:

magicmoments

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll explore a bit more - and also build up my posts to qualify! I just have to get out each morning and head for McDonald's, sit down with a coffee and more often than not just start tapping away on my Kindle. My daughter and grandchildren, plus an old work-mate, know I'll be there and often pop in. I like the atmosphere. I like various forums, and often convert whatever I tap out as a Blog on Google.

"Broom or moments" made me laugh. Thanks. Over the years I've had a multitude of names. Not exactly a Fernando Pessoa, but I get where he was coming from!

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
On rock bios I have read a handful:
Hammer of the Gods (Zep), No One Gets Outta Here(Alive (Doors). Shout(Beatles), Somebody To LOve (GRace Slick), Bill Bruford the Autobio,.....being a prog fan I liked Brufords the most.
Read one on the Stones but cant recall the name.....:think:

magicmoments

Reaction score
Hi dr wu, I'm reading the Bill Wymanbook at the moment, "Stone Alone". Early days, but it is coming across as a bit stilted and laboured. But as said, early days.

I've read a few, the best was on David Bowie, which was not his life story but centred on his Ziggy Stardust days. "Ziggology, a brief history of Ziggy Stardust" by Simon Goddard. Cost less than a cup of coffee at McDonald's on Kindle.

Another by Slash was good. A few on the Beatles. I love all the early photo's.

I do an afternoon once a week on the tills of my local Oxfam Book and Music Shop, amongst the vinyl, cd's and dvd's and there is a great collection of books to browse through. Unfortunately my enjoyment is spoilt by the occasional customer!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online