Bob Dylan vs Van Morrison

Which artist do you like more?

• Bob Dylan

• Van Morrison

Results are only viewable after voting.

magicmoments

Reaction score
Both are wonderful iconic artists with great tunes and a lot to say.
For listening pleasure I pick Van The Man.....for cultural impact and influence on other musicians I pick Dylan.
I like the first 15 or 20 lps by both man equally though I think overall I have more Morrison lps and play them more.
Hello again, just to say that I treated myself to a Van Morrison album yesterday, "The Essential Van Morrison". Played it up in the Oxfam Book and Music Shop while manning the tills. Turned out the manager of the shop was a great Van fan! Yes, loved it.

Also played the new stones album, "Hackney Diamonds" and liked that also, but could have done without the Lady Gaga wailing on one track. But overall, I liked it.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
I've been mulling this one over for days now and still no closer to a decision. So I'm going give the vote a miss.
Van The Man has ±40 albums and I only have a few of them, each one a masterpiece in its own way. Most haven't entered the public conscience so it's difficult to give a fair overview of his works.
Bob Dylan on the other hand has a similar number of albums, each of which has been pored over and analysed in great detail. Books discuss in detail each song from his major albums so he's a known quantity. I also have most of his albums, live albums and a couple from the bootleg series, some brilliant, some not.
Bob Dylan and Van Morrison - Knocking On Heaven's Door

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online