ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons Defends Nickelback

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah I don't quite get the vitriol directed at Nickelback especially online, on facebook etc.. They're nowhere close to my favourite but I don't hate them either. Life is too short to hate on some band whose music you don't enjoy. Just don't listen if you don't like what you hear. Simple. Sheesh!

Nice to see somebody standing up for Nickelback for a change.

Btw, Magic... who is that in your sig?? It looks weirdly like Radiohead's Thom Yorke! :pullhair:

^^ That's Macaulay Culkin. You know....

Home_alone.jpg

I can see the resemblance between the two seeing they both look strung out on a regular basis at this point! :heheh:

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
I always wondered why everyone started hating Nickelback :/ Around where I grew up it was like all the "cool kids" listened to them and/or it was one of those bands that everyone can agree on XD And then everyone started hating them saying all their songs sound the same. Honestly I don't think any of their songs sound the same but that is just me. Still curious though why does Nickelback get all this hate?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I dunno, but I'll say this. Anyone that listens to ANYTHING and then bitches about Nickelback songs all sounding the same is just a hater.

And a perfect example of that is anyone that listens to and loves AC/DC yet makes those same type of comments about Nickelback is laughable. AC/DC is one of the most forumlatic bands in the history of music.... and I love them for it. When something works, why change it? I think that the "everything Nickeback does sounds the same" stems from Chad Kroeger's voice is quite similar in many songs. Well, I don't know wtf people expect. Doesn't the lead singer sound pretty much the same in every band or every solo artist sounding the same in most of their songs.

Again, I think it's laughable when people make those comments. The music may change, but the voice will almost always be the same.

:confused:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think those sort of comments are laughable but its not laughable if people dislike Nickelback, they are entitled to their opinion. lol Providing of course that it is based on an opinion they formed by listening for themselves and not going with the sheep.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I think those sort of comments are laughable but its not laughable if people dislike Nickelback, they are entitled to their opinion. lol

Don't take offense and don't misread/misinterpret what I'm said.

I love AC/DC and I really like Nickelback ... liking AC/DC more of the two, but I have seen plenty of comments from all over the internet from people that are big fans of AC/DC making the bold statement about "everything Nickelback plays is the exact same thing"; my point being THAT comment coming from an AC/DC fan is laughable since (as a fan of AC/DC) I find that AC/DC is one of the single-most forumulatic bands in the history of rock. The formula happens to work, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

So yeah, I find it VERY laughable seeing a fan of one bashing the other. I'm not talking about taste or matter of opinion, but rather the comment that I quoted twice.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't really misinterpreting what you said. What I said had nothing in relation to the AC/DC reference which was a fair one anyway. I think it is laughable that some people use the generic bandwagon argument of Nickelback sounding the same. I know they don't having listened to enough of their material to form an opinion on them even if it is a negative one. I think there are far worse acts out there than Nickelback to be frank, their music just isn't to my taste though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebell

Staff online

Members online