ZZ TOP's BILLY F GIBBONS To Release 'The Big Bad Blues' In September

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Concord Records will release "The Big Bad Blues", ZZ TOP legend Billy F Gibbons's second-ever solo effort, on September 21. This is the follow-up to his acclaimed 2015 Afro-Cuban-flavored solo album "Perfectamundo".

"The Big Bad Blues", as the title suggests, focuses on Gibbons's lifelong love of the blues and rock and roll, showcasing the blues-influenced vocals and guitar licks that have together served as the foundation for his numerous hits over the past five decades. The album features 11 tracks balancing some classic covers like "Rollin' And Tumblin'" and "Standing Around Crying", along with some of Billy's signature new blues originals.

"We successfully made our way through those uncharted waters with the Cubano flavor of 'Perfectamundo' and completed the journey," says Gibbons in distinguishing "The Big Bad Blues" from its predecessor. "The shift back to the blues is a natural. It's something which our followers can enjoy with the satisfaction of experiencing the roots tradition and, at the same time, feeling the richness of stretching the art form."

Track listing (all songs by Billy F Gibbons except where noted):

01. Missin' Yo' Kissin' (Gilly Stillwater)
02. My Baby She Rocks
03. Second Line
04. Standing Around Crying (Muddy Waters)
05. Let The Left Hand Know…
06. Bring It To Jerome (Jerome Green)
07. That's What She Said
08. Mo' Slower Blues
09. Hollywood 151
10. Rollin' And Tumblin' (Muddy Waters)
11. Crackin' Up (Bo Diddley)

billygibbonsbigbadcd.jpg

Despite the Auto-Tune problems, I really enjoyed "Perfectamundo". This new record, judging by the first single, sounds a bit more like something you'd expect from Billy. I have no doubt it's going to be awesome. I could listen to this man play all day, every day.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online