ZZ Top (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Billy G Rock On and On

The Ministry pick surprised me! Pretty damn cool. :pullhair:

He picked out a great Ministry album.

Bros he`s chosen Ministry album is a awesome one. . . but his street creed of the bluesmen went through the roof some amazing choses I`m looking at him now in a respectable different ways I thought he was awesome before this now he`s supersonic awesomeness...He`s risen to deeper depths of sheer mega statesmen in my book.........................oh YES!!!!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I can't say Ministry was a big surprise to me. He's talked about them before and he considers Ministry's cover of "Sharp Dressed Man" one of his favourite ZZ Top covers. Billy also played some slide on Revolting Cocks's "Cocked and Loaded" - another band Al Jourgensen was in.

If anyone's interested, here's Billy's top 10 blues albums:

Billy Gibbons's 10 favourite blues albums of all time | MusicRadar

The list is from 2011 btw. Nothing but great albums on it! :bow:

E-Z

Reaction score
I recently bought Billy's HARDWARE cd and played it for the first time last week and liked it a lot even though many of the songs come in at under 3 minutes and abruptly end but leaving those two minor things a side I enjoyed it a lot so I had a listen to THE BIG BAD BLUES cd which I had previously bought a few months ago but hadn't listened to it but after playing it right through I must say I was very impressed cos Billy plays heavy blues/rock all the way through the cd and in fact it's probably better referred to as blues/metal.

Virtually all 'solo albums' I have found disappointing down the years from any 'artist' but not with Billy's cos the guy still plays like his life depended on it blowing blues/metal riffs and licks all over the cd with the amps set on 10!!.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Happy 74th Birthday Billy Gibbons
born December 16, 1949

IMG_0905.jpeg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads