ZZ Top’s New ‘Cinco’ Vinyl Box Set Features First Five Albums

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

ZZ-Top-Cinco-Box-Set-Photo.jpg

ZZ Top will release a new vinyl set focusing on their early albums titled Cinco: The First Five LPs. The box, which includes heavyweight 180-gram vinyl reissues of ZZ Top’s First Album, Rio Grande Mud, Tres Hombres, Fandango! and Tejas, has been designed to look like the band’s custom “Nudie Suits.” The superior original mixes of the albums will be used, rather than the much-derided versions originally found on the 1987 Six Pack box set.

Recorded at Robin Hood Studios in Tyler, Texas, ZZ Top’s First Album helped establish the group’s signature blues-rock sound. Rio Grand Mud, also recorded in Tyler, includes fan favorites like “Just Got Paid” and “Francine.” Tres Hombres, ZZ Top’s commercial breakthrough, arrived next. This gold-selling Top 10 album features the hit “La Grange.”

Fandango!, which paired studio recordings and music from a live performance at the Warehouse in New Orleans, again went gold – this time on the strength of ZZ Top’s first Top 10 single, “Tush.” Tejas, another gold-selling hit, reached the Top 20 and includes “Arrested for Driving While Blind.” All five albums were released between 1971-76.

Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard will be in the midst of their ongoing Tonnage Tour in the weeks leading up the June 9 release of Cinco. ZZ Top scheduled a total of eight shows in their native Texas – something a news release pointed out was purely intentional.

They then head to Europe in July. Visit ZZ Top’s official site for more details.

Read More: ZZ Top's New 'Cinco' Vinyl Box Set Features First Five Albums | ZZ Top's New 'Cinco' Vinyl Box Set Features First Five Albums

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I have all five on Vinyl already but may pick this up anyway if it's reasonably priced.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Bloody hell, cashing in again, they moan about the original releases on cd and then moan about the re released cd's, someone will always moan, won't be buying as have the cd's.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ I don't think anybody complained about the most recent albums reissues in the "The Complete Studio Albums 1970-1990" box, because those were the original vinyl mixes fans had been begging for to finally be released on CD. The "Six Pack" is cool to have as a collector, but it does sound horrible compared to the vinyl mixes.

As for this new vinyl set, I have several copies of all those albums on both vinyl and CDs, but the hardcore ZZ Top collector in me probably cannot resist getting this set too.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bloody hell, cashing in again, they moan about the original releases on cd and then moan about the re released cd's, someone will always moan, won't be buying as have the cd's.

To be fair they had good reason. Some remasters were really shit and took a lot of the original sound away.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
To be fair they had good reason. Some remasters were really shit and took a lot of the original sound away.

I understand that to a certain extent but to keep remastering stuff is jus wanting people to keep throwing money at these things all the time, just keeps getting like old news.

Roger M

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear they're at lesst using the original versions. I already have all them though so new copies would be redundant.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online