Zombies (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: The Zombies

I never gave the Zombies much of a thought. I liked their hits She's Not There, Time of the Season, & Tell her No which I had all on different compilation albums but it never crossed my mind to check out other stuff by them...Until Flower's many posts about them. I started thinking maybe there's something more to them & decided to check them out. This is one of the many great reasons I love this forum. I have a pretty huge collection of music & am constantly reading about music but from following this forum I have discovered & rediscovered many bands.
My favorite tunes by the Zombies are Road Runner, Sticks & Stones, Woman, I'm Going Home, Sometimes, & Indication.

Thanks to all!

Flower

retired
Reaction score

I never gave the Zombies much of a thought. I liked their hits She's Not There, Time of the Season, & Tell her No which I had all on different compilation albums but it never crossed my mind to check out other stuff by them...Until Flower's many posts about them. I started thinking maybe there's something more to them & decided to check them out. This is one of the many great reasons I love this forum. I have a pretty huge collection of music & am constantly reading about music but from following this forum I have discovered & rediscovered many bands.
My favorite tunes by the Zombies are Road Runner, Sticks & Stones, Woman, I'm Going Home, Sometimes, & Indication.

Thanks to all!

Cool ... The early Zombies did a larger number or R & B covers really really well.

I would love to see them playing at a Blues Festival as they would fit right in .. :)

It is sad (at least to me) that many people don't think of the Zombies other than their three largest commercial hits and perhaps "I Love You" ...

Thanks Bucky, it's good to know that someone reads my posts.

Btw ~ I too, learn so much from this forum ... :)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Me and Sweaty trammed off to London, Shepherds Bush Empire two years ago for The Zombies reunion celebration of Odessey & Oracle. It was a fantastic night of music and Rod Argent had even trawled the antique shops of London to find an old Harmonium to do "Butchers Tale" cos Chris White flogged the original one used in the recording.

Great stuff.:grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombeels

Reaction score

Never cared for the song Smokey Day. I think it is the only Zombies song from '67 on, that I dislike.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online