Youtube: Embedding Disabled By Request - WTF?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Ok, we've all seen it. linked in videos from youtube on this site
and probably plenty of others. You click on the video and you
get that wonderful comment:

• Embedding Disabled By Request
My question is WHY? Why do people upload stuff to youtube and
choose this option? Is there any good reason for it? Do you only get
X-number of downloads/views per day/week/month/year? Does the
bandwidth used come out of your own pocket? Is there some other
or better reason than those I came up with?

I've never uploaded ANYTHING to youtube or google vids or anything
like that, so I honestly don't know. I simply want to know if there is
ONE single GOOD reason for uploaders to do this?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
There really isn't any good reason. You'd think they'd want to disable that for views. Makes it really tedious to post a video on a forum when the uploader does that. So...I don't think there's a legitimite reason to do it. The uploader just liked to be stingy.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
There really isn't any good reason. You'd think they'd want to disable that for views. Makes it really tedious to post a video on a forum when the uploader does that. So...I don't think there's a legitimite reason to do it. The uploader just liked to be stingy.

It's not always uploaders fault. Sometimes rubbish labels matches videos 3rd party use and disables them to embed them on forums or even to viewers in different countries.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
It's not always uploaders fault. Sometimes rubbish labels matches videos 3rd party use and disables them to embed them on forums or even to viewers in different countries.

I understand when the record labels get involved and force youtube to make changes or block some content in certain countries (silly, but it is what it is). I'm talking about just any video, doesn't have to necessarily be a music vid, that people upload to youtube and mark as embedding to be disabled. Just curious of there's a reason for the uploaders to EVER do that?

vanity

V for Vanity
Reaction score
Well, if the one who's uploaded the video is the maker/owner of it & doesn't want it embedded on other sites, they choose this option. They mostly do that because they're afraid that someone else might use it, claim to be its owner & get the credits for it.
Sounds stupid but people like that do exist...
Other than that, I don't see any better reason why would someone disable it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
view whores...first time I have heard that! I would think they would want embedding if they are a view whore.

I am disappointed lately in Youtube anyway, seems all you can find anymore is home-made vids and ones with poor audio/video. Seems like all the HQ vids are becoming a thing of the past.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have no doubt that's because of the feud between Google and WEA/Sony/BMG and all the other heavyweight media conglomerates. Everyone thought when Google bought YT it would be better, but it's turned into a disaster as they squabble over money and the other crap.

Whatever happened to the old adage..."Any publicity is good publicity"?

Besides the sound quality off YT is pathetic, I wouldn't download anything off them and never have.:nw:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online