Your Top 5 Favorite Bands

Reaction score
1. Pink Floyd- The unparalleled greatest band of all time. Musicians who did everything they could within their limits with their vocals and instruments. The greatest lyricism of all time, even surpassing Bob Dylan in my opinion, with genius conceptualizing and the most emotional guitar player known to man.

2. The Beatles- The Most influential band of all time, Floyd would not have been the same without them or any band at that obviously, however, they were surpassed musically and lyrically by Floyd. They are more important than anyone.

3. Led Zeppelin- Made the greatest song of all time. Were legendary from day one, where as Floyd ascended, however never hit the peak that Floyd did in my opinion. The beatles gave birth to metal with Helter Skelter, Led Zeppelin raised it along with blues rock of the 70s and various other experimental projects. BY FAR the most talented band of all time with their instruments and with Plant as a vocalist, but as I said, Floyd got more out of what they could do and they were more intellectual.

4. The Rolling Stones- Really just solid in almost every aspect. Mick Jagger is the most charismatic front man of all time, and he really got the most out of a voice that wasn't necessarily as elegant as Freddy Mercuries or Robert Plants. Being that he and Keith were so close despite their love-hate relationship as lifelong friends, they wrote amazing music together. A very versatile band with unparalleled longevity.

5. Clearance Clear Water Revival- I love John. One of my favorites. Everything they made just makes you chipper. Something you play just sitting in the back of your pick up on a sunny day looking up at the clouds.

Honorable Mentions: Grateful Dead, Sublime, BeeGees, Fleetwood Mac, ACDC, Queen, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix Experience, many others

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
1. Queen - Quintessence of powerful, majestic and diverse rock music. Perfection!

2. Scorpions - True masters of catchy hard'n'heavy and touching ballads.

3. AC/DC - Pure rabid rock without admixtures. Ideal soundtrack to buster.

4. Bad Company (with Brian Howe) - Criminally underrated line-up of this band. Wonderful samples of AOR. Cool rockers and sincere ballads, sung by high class vocals.

5. UFO - Combination of extra-class melodious hard-rock and wonderful lyrics. Phil Mogg - one of the greatest rock-poets.

aiza55

Reaction score
bands:
1. Nightwish
2. Epica
3. Evanescence
4. The 69 Eyes
5. Xandria

Aero

Reaction score

1. The Alan Parsons Project
- Ok, it's a stretch to call them a band since Alan Parsons and Eric Woolfson had other people singing songs on each album. Anyhow, so many great songs...most of which no one's ever heard of since the only track you ever hear on the radio is "Eye In The Sky."

2. The Chameleons - You probably haven't heard of them unless you were an 80s kid. They were the decade's best kept secret in Alternative Rock music and still are.

3. The Mark-Almond Band - Coming from the English "Canterbury Scene" in the 70s, this band made some wonderful music that was hard to label. A mixture of Jazz-Fusion/Rock/Pop made up their songs. Another band that no one's ever heard of because they didn't have any hit singles, but damn were they good.

4. Steely Dan - No one has managed to copy their unique sound. Great songwriting.

5. Queen - I can't think of any other band to put here so I'm going with Queen. It's not a band that I purposely listen to, but then with them you don't have to as their music is constantly played on the radio. Freddie Mercury was just an amazing singer.

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I'll have a pop at this ...

Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath ... Have been my top three bands for many,many years now. What they achieved, who they Influenced etc. but most important to me is their best music just hits where it counts.

The Beatles .. Need I say anything.

? There are so many bands vying for fifth spot it's mind blowing.

The Red Viper

What the Hell Have I
Reaction score
1. The Beatles

2. Guns N Roses

3. Pink Floyd

4. AC/DC

5. Aerosmith

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Impossible to do my 5 favorites, it changes but I'll add a twist to GushinRussian's thread.:D

5 of my top Canadian bands:

RUSH
BTO
April Wine
The Stampeders
Saga

5 picks from my Southern Neighbours:

Kansas
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Styx (Up to and including Pieces of Eight, after that not so much.)
Steely Dan
Blue Oyster Cult

From across the Pond:

Jethro Tull
Moody Blues
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
The Beatles

There 3 sets of 5 top notch bands from different countries.:hab:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score