5. Foghat - Live
6. Joe Walsh - You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
7. UFO - Strangers In The Night
8. Rush - Exit...Stage Left
9. Cheap Trick - Live At Budokan
10. The Who - Live At Leeds

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
I haven't heard many live albums (or seen many live DVDs), but Woodstock is one of the greatest live concerts of all time. I watched the Woodstock documentary on TV this weekend. Joe Cocker, Santana, and Jimi Hendrix were my favorites. Were any of you at Woodstock?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Oooh interesting question....

1. How The West Was Won (Led Zeppelin)
2. Live At The Fillmore East (Ten Years After)
3. Unplugged in New York (Nirvana)
4. Four Way Street (CSNY)
5. Live Blueswailing 1964 (The Yardbirds)
6. Unplugged (Alice In Chains)
7. Captured Live / Live from Albert Hall (Johnny Winter)
8. Live Rust (Neil Young & Crazy Horse)
9. Get Yer Ya Yas Out (The Rolling Stones)
10. Live (Robin Trower)

But there are an endless number of good ones. Plus that doesn't count DVDs, I've got some good ones of those.

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
1) Live at Leeds - The Who
2) Live Alive - Stevie Ray Vaughn
3) B.B. King LIve in Cook County Jail
4) Live at San Quentin - Johnny Cash
5) Live Rust - Neil Young
6) Live at Fillmore East - Allman Brothers
7) Rock and Roll Animal - Lou Reed
8) Live at Winterland - Jimi Hendrix
9) Any live Grateful Dead
10) Band of Gypsys - Jimi Hendrix
11) Song Remains the Same - Zep

These are my choices, not neccesarily in order of favorites. I do have a copy of Live in Cook County Jail autographed by B.B. himself. I took the liberty of making 11 choices, because I just didn't feel right leaving out The Song Remains the Same.

kvcoty

Reaction score
cunundrumpw said:
I haven't heard many live albums (or seen many live DVDs), but Woodstock is one of the greatest live concerts of all time. I watched the Woodstock documentary on TV this weekend. Joe Cocker, Santana, and Jimi Hendrix were my favorites. Were any of you at Woodstock?

My Dad was there. It was his first concert 16 years old. Can you imagine. I asked him what he remembers and he says "not much". "drugs, losing his clothes and mud sliding". However when I asked what was the most memorable act he said Richie Havens because he had the crowd doing breathing excercises first light and he needed them badly and Jimi Hendrix doing the Star Spangled Banner. He brought his brother and they actually had a ticket and saw the whole thing. They brought their grandmother because they couldn't leave the state without her as she was their guardian and they were on probation. Anyway they put her up in a motel and then ended up never going back there they hitched a ride home and ended up meeting someone from their hometown who said "Didn't you hear the announcement "would Leo and William K., please come to the concession stand your grandmother is looking for you." "I thought I recognized the names". Freaky Groovy. Can you imagine what an original ticket to Woodstock would sell on EBAY for. Unfortunately he had all his stuff stolen with the ticket. I've watched the movie looking for him at least a dozen times. The story is still good even if his memory is a little foggy.

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
kvcoty said:
My Dad was there. It was his first concert 16 years old. Can you imagine. I asked him what he remembers and he says "not much". "drugs, losing his clothes and mud sliding". However when I asked what was the most memorable act he said Richie Havens because he had the crowd doing breathing excercises first light and he needed them badly and Jimi Hendrix doing the Star Spangled Banner. He brought his brother and they actually had a ticket and saw the whole thing. They brought their grandmother because they couldn't leave the state without her as she was their guardian and they were on probation. Anyway they put her up in a motel and then ended up never going back there they hitched a ride home and ended up meeting someone from their hometown who said "Didn't you hear the announcement "would Leo and William K., please come to the concession stand your grandmother is looking for you." "I thought I recognized the names". Freaky Groovy. Can you imagine what an original ticket to Woodstock would sell on EBAY for. Unfortunately he had all his stuff stolen with the ticket. I've watched the movie looking for him at least a dozen times. The story is still good even if his memory is a little foggy.
Cool story. I don't really dig the drugs and stuff, but the music rocks!

kvcoty

Reaction score
cunundrumpw said:
Cool story. I don't really dig the drugs and stuff, but the music rocks!

It went with the times nothing I could do about that. Actually his openness about it taught his children what to stay away from. And in turn helped me be able to discuss drugs with my kids. It's all good!

APageMark

Reaction score
Genesis "Seconds Out"
Led Zeppelin "How the West Was Won"
Stones "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out"
Yes "Yessongs"
The Who "Live at Leeds"
ELP "Pictures at an Exhibition"
Rush "All the World's A Stage"
Judas Priest "Unleashed in the East"
Blue Oyster Cult "One Enchanted Evening"
UFO "Strangers in the Night"