Your Top 10 bands, artists, composers, etc

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Your Top 10 bands, arItists, composers, etc

It's actually really easy right now because I have certain strict criteria for how a band can become an all-time favorite, and so far it just so happens that exactly 10 bands have achieved that criteria. Ranking them amongst themselves is less easy, but I can do it.

1. Neil Young
2. Tom Petty
3. Nirvana
4. Pink Floyd
5. Pantera
6. The Doors
7. Bob Dylan
8. Alice In Chains
9. Metallica
10. Led Zeppelin

It's about to get quite a bit harder, though. I've gotten into a lot of styles since I first got into classic rock as a tween, but modern pop is the first style to exhibit anywhere near as much staying power or clout as classic rock did with me.

You see 6 classic rock artists on my list, then 2 grunge, 2 metal... the discrepancy is no coincidence. And yet I've got a whopping 4 modern pop artists waiting in the wings who've accomplished all the necessary criteria with a vengeance, except for exorbitant relistanability over time. So they're just biding their minutes until they hit all-time status with me, they might not all make it but 2 or 3 are certain to. At that point, if I want to make a top 10 list I'll have to make some extremely hazy value judgments...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online