Your preferred Internet Radio station?

gguerra

Reaction score
iheart radio is supposed to be like Pandora but with WAY more songs. They claim 11 million songs. It also works with portable devices. Haven't tried it yet but if you like Pandora you may like this even more. I guess the way they get so many songs is that they include unsigned artists. Sort of like spotify.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I had always heard of iHeart but never tried. May have to check it out just to see what's out there. Thanks.:grinthumb

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
iHeartRadio saves me when I am trying to listen to Eddie Trunk's Brilliant NYC show and I can't get SiriusXM to be more reliable in the car. Plays great on my BlackBerry. It's also great for when I want to listen to AM stations indoors. The only drawback is that you only get ClearChannel stations.

I prefer Spotify to Pandora because the artists are better played, AND, there's more music on there. Pandora has a horrific process for bringing in new music and their genome music selection system, according to Pandora users I know, is getting increasingly worse.

I'd love to follow people on here on Spotify, swap playlists, and hear more music I haven't heard before. My profile is at Dairenn Lombard on Spotify

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
iheart radio is supposed to be like Pandora but with WAY more songs. They claim 11 million songs. It also works with portable devices. Haven't tried it yet but if you like Pandora you may like this even more. I guess the way they get so many songs is that they include unsigned artists. Sort of like spotify.

Great website, thanks for the referral.

The Freak

The Freak
Reaction score
We've a Rock station online, The Freak The Freak Radio | The best Rock, Folk and 'Freaky' Music.

And this is who we play;

AC/DC*– Aerosmith – Afghan Whigs – Alex Turner – Alice Donut – Alice in Chains – Animals – Animals That Swim – Arctic Monkeys – Arlo Guthrie – Ash – Audioslave – Bad Company – Badly Drawn Boy – The Band – Beastie Boys – Beatles – Beck – Bivouac – Black Crowes – Black Sabbath – Blind Faith – Blind Melon – Blue Oyster Cult – Bob Dylan – Bob Marley – Breeders – Bruce Dickinson*– Budgie*–* Buffalo Springfield*– Buffalo Tom*– Byrds – Canned*Heat – Chris Cornell*– Chris Wood – Christy Moore – Clash – Counting Crows – Country Joe and the Fish*–* Cowboy Junkies – Coverdale & Page*– Cream – Crosby Stills Nash (& Young) – The Cult – D.O.A. – Damned – Dandy Warhols*– David Bowie – Dead Kennedys – Dead Weather*– Deep Purple – Deftones – Delta Spirit – Derek & the Dominos*– Devlins*– Dinosaur Jr – Donovan – Doors – Eels – Elbow – Elvis Costello – Eminem – Eric Clapton – Faith No More – Fall*– Fat Lady Sings*– Flaming Lips – Fleet Foxes – Fleetwood Mac – Foo Fighters*– The 4 of Us*– Frames*– Frank Black – Frank Zappa – Free – Fugazi – Fun Lovin’ Criminals – Funkadelic - Genesis – Girls Against Boys – Golden Horde*– Grant Lee Buffalo – Hawkwind – High Llamas – Hole – Horslips – Husker Du – Iggy Pop*– Imagined Village– JJ Cale – Jack White*– Jam – James Vincent McMorrow – Janes Addiction – Jeff Buckley – Jefferson Airplane*– Jesus and Mary Chain*– Jello Biafra – Jethro Tull – Jimi Hendrix – Joe Cocker – John Lennon – Johnny Cash – Johnny Winter – Joni Mitchell – Joy Division – King Crimson – Kings of Leon – Korn - Leatherface – Led Zeppelin – Lemonheads – Leonard Cohen – Linkin Park – Lou Reed – Lynyrd Skynyrd – Mama’s Boys – Manic Street Preachers – Mastoden*– Meat Puppets – Megadeth – Mercury Rev – Metallica – Mick Flannery – Mike Scott – Minor Threat – Miles Kane*– Molly Hatchet*– Motörhead – Mountain – Mumford & Sons*– Muse – Nathaniel Rateliff – Neil Young – Nick Cave – Nick Drake*– Nirvana – Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds*– NoMeansNo – Oasis – Only Ones – Papa Roach – Paul McCartney – Page & Plant*– Paul Weller – Pavement – Pearl Jam – Phil Lynott – Pink Floyd – Pixies – PJ Harvey – Pogues – Primal Scream – Public Image Limited*– Queens of the Stone Age*– R.E.M – Raconteurs – Radiohead – Rage Against the Machine – Rainbow – Ram Jam – Ramones – Ray LaMontagne – Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Red Kross*– Reef*– Richie Havens – Robert Plant – Robbie Robertson – Robert Cray – Robert Fripp – Robin Trower*– Rocket from the Crypt – Roger Waters – Rolling Stones – Rollins Band – Rory Gallagher – Rush – Santana – Seasick Steve – Sebadoh – Sex Pistols – Show of Hands – Siouxsie & the Banshees – Skatenigs – Smashing Pumpkins – Smiths – Something Happens*– Sonic Youth – Soundgarden – Spencer Davis Group – Stephen Malkmus*– Steppenwolf –** Stevie Ray Vaughan – Stiff Little Fingers – Stone Temple Pilots – Strokes*– Sugar – Superchunk – Suzanne Vega – Talking Heads – Teenage Fanclub – Temple of the Dog*– Ten Years After*– The The – Them Crooked Vultures – Therapy? – Thin Lizzy – Tim Hardin*– Tom Waits – Traffic – Tunng*– U2 – UFO*– Undertones – Unthanks – Vaccines – Van Halen*– Van Morrison – Velvet Underground – Verve*– Waterboys – Whipping Boy*– White Stripes – The Who – Wilco – X-Ray Spex*– Zombies – ZZ Top

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
I've had pretty decent luck with Pandora but it takes a lot of tinkering. For example, I've found that you're much better off using songs to build stations rather than artists, especially artsists with large and diverse catalogs. Even then, you still have to tinker to find songs that give you the results that you want.

Berserker

Reaction score
I use last.fm and it has a personal station based on my library, a station of recommendations, and a mix of my library and recommendations. I listen to the mix station a lot, if anyone wants to check it out:

Max8455 Mix station - Last.fm

I tried pandora and grooveshark and spotify radio and iheartradio but they only work well if you can sign up and rate music. I have been listening to music with last fm since 2009 and apparently I listen to 24 tracks per day on lastfm since then on average. That doesn't count music in the car or on ipod.

Spotify is great for listening to a whole album at once but they don't have everything. I use iheartradio on my ipod ever since one of apple's helpful and necessary updates erased all the music and I am too lazy to load it back on there.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.